Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Driving two coherent fap modules in series

Tr4hard_Lazer

I found this psu power supply that can output 60 amps at 5 volts would there be a way to use this to power two fap modules in series since that way each one would get 2.5 volts? I don't have an oscilloscope so i have no idea if I'd blow the poor things up or if it works flawlessly and blows my corneas up

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240513_155421_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240513_155421_eBay.jpg
    438.6 KB · Views: 3

kecked

Not advisable. But is possible. But risky. What’s even more important is cooling.
These arrays pop easily. I’d get the right driver for each. Will,it work yes maybe but maybe not for long.

Tr4hard_Lazer

Where would i get a proper driver? It's so hard finding a proper supply that outputs 2.4 volts at 50 something amps. And yes i have cooling figured out I'll sand the bottom down with some aluminum oxide grit with some water on an old sacrificial glass tabletop to get a perfect smooth finish on the bottom being careful to not get the poor thing wet above the baseplate. Then I'll just bolt it to a water cooling block with some indium foil as usual

kecked

eBay find an older coherent driver for a Verdi. There is a gentleman on PL that does laser cutting. He may have a more practical idea. These are also serilalized so the actual driver might be a headache.

The voltage is not so much the issue as really good current control