Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DIY laser build HELP needed please!

Hi this is my first laser build and i am wondering if all these components will work please reply soon as i would like to order them thanks.

DIY C6 Host Assembly
Black Anodized Aluminum Heat Sink
Survival Laser Driver

And then for the diode i am looking at this website:
https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/445-m140-didoes

but i dont know the difference between the 445nm M140 Diode In Copper Module With Leads & Three Element Glass Lens, to the 445nm M140 Diode In Copper Module With Leads

i have a 200mw laser i bought but i want to actually build one myself thanks.

please reply soon as i want to make this laser sooo excited XD
thanks William

That looks like it is fine but you need to get the option with the three element glass lens or the g-2 lens. Other than that you are fine. What about safety glasses. You can also get them from survival lasers. And batteries. You will need two 16340s.

:beer:
-Matt

NKO29

You need to buy a lens and a driver if you buy that laser module. I have bought from DTR and he's great, i have also heard great things about SS :) Good luck with your build!

Zeebit

You need a module with a 3 element lens or a G2 lens. The latte is more expensive but will give a boost in output power. You do not need to buy a lens spring because the ones from DTR already include one. Also, do not forget your safety glasses.

Also, you need 2 pcs of 16340 3.7v batteries.
Do not buy any brands that end in "fire". Get AW, IMR, Efest, etc.
Just buy your diode from DTR. Its worth it.

Good luck on the build :D
-Matt

That capacity is a lie so i wouldn't trust it. Try the brands i recommended earlier they are worth the price.

:beer:
-Matt

Hi thanks for all the positive feedback but I have a question I have been looking at some builds with the same diode (dtr ftw),and they were all using the 1.25a driver so I bought that one too but now I am seeing people saying they are crap please help me.
If they are crap then can some one please link me a better one on a uk site please that is in the uk so I don't have to wait a long time aka 10-30 days delivery Survival Lasers. XD
Thanks in advance william

Hi it is me again XD
I am looking at some posts on how to build a laser and i found that i should make a "dummyload" to make sure i dont blow my diode i have no idea what these are so please help me out, i have the 1.25a driver, and a 445nm M140 Diode In Copper Module With Leads & Three Element Glass Lens from DTR.
Thanks william

...can some one please link me a better one on a uk site please that is in the uk so I don't have to wait a long time aka 10-30 days delivery Survival Lasers. XD
Thanks in advance william

Hi William, welcome to LPF! You may want to indicate your location on your personal profile so fellow members can help you better with your requests.:yh:

Tmack

A dumy load is to check the output of your driver. It's a good idea if your not sure about what your driver is putting out. If you bought it at a certain current then that's what it should be, and a dummy load isn't " needed" it's just a testing tool for drivers.

Ok thanks tmack
So I don't have to build one I can just link my diode to my driver.
People say that if you don't test the output of the driver it will blow the diode and I don't want to waste a 60 dollar diode.
Thanks william.

Tmack

That's if you hot your driver from an unreliable source. You should be fine. Yup you should be good to go

Ok thanks one last thing it is a
445nm M140 Diode In Copper Module With Leads & Three Element Glass Lens, From DTR
And a
1.25A Diode Driver from survival lasers.
And if i were to build a dummy load what parts would i need ?
Thanks William