Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

disgusting people

Gabe

My ex-wife lives like that now, you wouldn't believe it, house full of animals too.

Houses full of barely maintained animals are the worst. All the feces and urine all over the place, the stench can make a house practically uninhabitable.

When I lived in NYC for 3 years back in the mid 1980's everywhere had problems with roaches, I used many of these:

There are many people who live in homes that are full of stuff or full of garbage where they just have a path to where they sleep and where they sit and to the kitchen and bathroom and to the door, and the rest is just filled with garbage. I saw a place like that once on some TV documentary and many years ago there was a police detective I knew who told me he had seen places like that multiple times.

Alan

Check out the TV show called Hoarders.:barf:

I have to be careful myself, I like to collect junk I will never end up using :p

I have to be careful myself, I like to collect junk I will never end up using :p

I do too, I have plenty that I need to dispose of. I once worked with a woman that would get rid of anything that she didn't use for a whole year, if she didn't use it for a year then she didn't need it. I would have a hard time doing that.

Alan

Lol. I'm ordering a thirty yard *****ter to get rid of my junk I collected over the years. But not my laser stuff lol

Last edited:
I had roaches in my PC, can't be helped. This PC doesn't live in the house though, it lives in the tool shed, right the smack below the work bench. Below it stores plumbing parts, above it wood, PVC. One end of the work shed holds the lawn tools. Leaning against the shed on the outside are about two flat beds worth of top soil, humus, and mulch in 2 cubic feet bags. All this makes the West side of the shed looking like a bunker with sandbags. Not all PC's live in houses, and some of them run 24/7 without air conditioning and is sometimes the warmest place in the entire building

Its a wood workshop, we have roaches. Not house roaches thankfully, these are cuter and alot of variety. Occasionally we have mice.... and then came snakes. To change a power supply in the PC I have to negotiate with our resident spider first, drag the PC out, blow out all the dust in it, in some places about 4" of saw dust as the case sits under the miter chopper.

Win98SE, never had a problem with anything, dust proof... If I sent the computer in for repair. They'll probably wonder how the heck do I live in my house. Unfortunately its no longer with me, Hard drive died, I stupped it full of sawdust and lit it on fire. Afterwards air blasted it clean, gutted it and brought the chassis in as a joke to my PC repair class. If memory serves me its still sitting in the instructor's cabinet when I graduated

Last edited:
I hate dust. I maintain a positive pressure inside the PC which pretty much keeps dust out....the inside is also rigged with very high voltage to electrocute any critter going inside....well...just kidding.

They say roaches have a rather high threshold for radiation and would probably be the only living thing left if we set them all off.

When I was a kid I caught one and stuck it in an envelope. It was alive a week later...go figure.

I hate dust. I maintain a positive pressure inside the PC which pretty much keeps dust out....the inside is also rigged with very high voltage to electrocute any critter going inside....well...just kidding.

They say roaches have a rather high threshold for radiation and would probably be the only living thing left if we set them all off.

When I was a kid I caught one and stuck it in an envelope. It was alive a week later...go figure.

Yes roaches will easily survive, they are not easy to kill. Someone once said to me that we should take advantage of this to improve humans now that we can map the DNA of any living creature, this person actually suggested combining humans and roaches to create a superior human! I am not sure that would be a good idea. I hope no one is at work in some lab right now trying to do this.:wtf::eek:

Alan

What am I ever going to do with this old dusty rectifier? I don't have 3 phase power, 3 big diodes and 3 scr's, I have tons more of this stuff, I could recycle it......Naw.
Just look at the heat sinks, how do I throw it away?
I just can't.
SANY0564_zpsrigfsgbd.jpg

I've been tearing apart old Seagate 1gig hard drives from the heck 80's, they have a stack of disc but big neodymium magnets. I throw away so much beautiful machining and keep the magnets and play with the brushless motor, I shutter to think what they cost back then.

SANY0566_zpsl1gcuztj.jpg

SANY0567_zpsrflkhf0w.jpg

Each drive has 4 of these monsters in some beautiful anodized aluminum machining. They are strong.

Last edited:
I got a job at a locally owned PC repair shop. They also do some console, phone and tablet work. Some of you have seen the pictures of PCs that are full of dust and stuff. I was working on a PS3 not too long ago that had roaches inside that were alive... It even reeked of some kind of smoke. If there are roaches inside your electronics, I'd hate to see the rest of your home.

Nasty... But unfortunately, also pretty common.

I've seen loads of electronic (mostly stationary) devices being infested by some sort of critter. The heat from the devices attract them and that's why they choose to stay. I'd say half the time it's the home owner's fault and half the time it's not, it just really depends on circumstances.

Someone I know used to live in an apartment building with a cockroach infestation, he's a bit of a neat freak and still saw roaches get into his apartment. Bugs always seem to find a way. :yabbem:

There was this listing on eBay that got pretty popular a while back ago, about a Nintendo Wii for sale that was "for parts". The guy who bought it made a video on it and opened it up, long story it was filled with roaches. :barf:

I'm pretty sure it ended up working once he took the critters out :crackup:

GSS

Yep ive seen the cleanest of people have roach issues, these creatures are the devil. Am I wrong to say every year pest control has to come up with a new chemical as these roaches build a tolerance?

Last edited:
Yep ive seen the cleanest of people have roach issues, these creatures are the devil. Am I wrong to say every year pest control has to come up with a new chemical as these roaches build a tolerance?

Yes it's true, they are the spawn of Satan! When I lived in NYC for 3 years back in the mid 1980's there were no chemicals that worked! Of course we are talking about mutant NYC roaches, I have no doubt that other normal roaches are probably easier to kill. The mice and the rats were just as big of a problem and I had a terrible problem with mice! There was also a big movie theater I used to go to and you would often see mice running around on the floor during the movie looking for the popcorn people dropped! There were rats everywhere, but especially in the subways, I remember at the time they tried an experiment and released a bunch of cats in the tunnels under Grand Central, guess what happened, there was no reduction in the rat population, and the homeless people that slept in the tunnels complained that there were animals in there and you could hear them and see their eyes in the dark, they ended up with wild cats living in the tunnels along with the rats and mice! That whole city should be quarantined or turned into a prison like in that old movie, and the United Nations should be moved to a better location!

Alan

GSS

Escape from New York, not a bad idea. Ive seen rats in the Boston subway system and would think New York rats would swallow Boston rats whole. I remember at one place when 1 shot of Raid would do the job on a roach and 1 year later of infestation it took half a can, that roach just didnt go down! OK ive read and seen shows were they find a use in nature for every insect thats known except this nasty roach......oh for those roach motels or stick pads how many times have you all seen just a bunch of the roaches legs left behind!

Last edited:

I take it they are now immune to Boric Acid? Seems like that stuffs been around for years

If we do occasionally get a roach it's a big one that's come in from outside, we don't have any little ones, but the glue traps I order catch anything that goes in, they are very sticky.
Bell labs trapper ltd.
Since we stopped keeping indoor pets there's no flea season, yes I did the top spot and the spray that kills eggs, but cats shed and make dander, I love the buggers but no more in the house.

The last apartment I had in Alamogordo, New Mexico, these huge roaches would slip in under the door but I'd always find them dead on the floor. Later I learned the place had been sprayed the year before to kill them, a year later they are still affected by that poison? Made me worry just how much and how toxic my apartment was.