Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Did I miss something? 1300mW 532nm handheld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well technically even video's could be faked. They could be shining IR lasers at the sensor simultaneously with the 532 from off camera.

Video would help, but I think after this, if someone buys one and gets a $2k 200mW laser.. They might as well forget about selling much to members of this forum again.

HIMNL9

..... if someone buys one and gets a $2k 200mW laser.. They might as well forget about selling much to members of ANY forum again.

Fixed ;) (or, do you think that if someone get ripped off $2K for a 200mW laser, he don't start to follow them in any possible forums and place, exposing their conduct and scam to anyone, with all possible systems ? ..... :p :D)

jakeGT

Or yours was a bad one :(

Have 4 of them performing much over 80mW..

Okay, but if they meter them and are certified gauranteed power why did they send me one that was 1/4 of the CERTIFIED GAURANTEED power.

I will tell you why. They either did not meter it, or sent me a 1/4 powered one on purpose. That's the only two possible answers. There is no saying I got a bad one. There is no such thing as a underpowered unit if it was metered and was gauranteed 80mW I feel that is acenine.

Dino will never receive business from me because they pull the same cheating tricks as DL. They send out lasers that they either know are underspec or were never metered.

^ well, indicatively ..... consider a 6W CW 808nm diode enough for get around 1300mW of green from a decent cavity ..... it will probably require around 7A, and the 26650 batteries are normally rated for 3400mAh (some of them report a 3900mAh mark, but is probably a bit unrealistic) ..... this means they can easily hold 7A discharge current, for something like 25 minutes max, if fully charged ..... so, yes, they can power a 1300mW green, they just will become very hot in the working cycle.

EDIT: this, ofcourse, IF the unit is a real 1300mW at 532nm one, without IR leakage :p

mAh does not always equate to max discharge current(unless i'm mistaken which is as always most certainly possible) . mAh is just a rating for how much current it it can spit out over time...? Not seeing anything on wikipedia to confirm me wrong on this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ampere-hour ... I would assume if you pump 4amps through a 26650 it just means it won't be able to sustain the voltage for longer than an hour.

@mic

BECAUSE not all colleagues, especially photographers not so good and professional as you are by photographing lasers.

would you like us to ship you a random 6 year old to assist you in this complex task? The quality of the picture is irrelevant to us. All we want to see is an actual picture of the product as well as it being metered by a respectable power meter. You might do well to invest in a power meter that is known by the people you are selling to... it would only cost a fraction of what some of your products cost. Contact any LPF member and just about any of them could tell you exactly how to market to us and you would be alot lot better off for it ;)

Last edited:

HIMNL9

mAh does not always equate to max discharge current(unless i'm mistaken which is as always most certainly possible) . mAh is just a rating for how much current it it can spit out over time...? Not seeing anything on wikipedia to confirm me wrong on this? Ampere-hour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ... I would assume if you pump 4amps through a 26650 it just means it won't be able to sustain the voltage for longer than an hour.

Right, basically, but this also influence the max current that you can get from a cell.

Max current is basically due to low internal resistence (note, i'm simplifying a lot, it's just an example), and there's no way for produce a low mAh cell with low internal resistance, til a certain point you can go, but not over it ..... this means that a low mAh cell is also, for definition, a low max discharge cell, basically.

Then, it's true that mAh is current for time, 1000mAh means that the cell, fully healty and charged, can give you one Ampere for a whole hour ..... or 2A for 30 minutes, or 4A for 15 minutes, and so on ..... but also consider that, usually, 4 times the rated hourly current is the maximum SAFE current that you can take from a good cell (except some specific structures, like LiFePo, liquid alkaline cells and Gates lead cells) ..... over this current, you can still get more current, but at risk of explosion, fire and acid leak, and in any case, the battery is to throw away after very few uses, also if don't blow up.

Still just as example ..... an 18650 is usually rated at 2400mA (good cells) ..... you can easily get 5A for less than half hour from them, without kill them (becoming HOT) ..... you can, in specific cases, and keeping the cells ventilated, take til 10A from them, for 10 minutes, without kill them (i repeat, GOOD cells), and in this case you can probably cook a steak on them (they get A BIT MORE HOT :p :D) ..... over this, it's all your risk ..... a very good cell with very low internal resistance can give you 20A for 3 or 4 minutes, but this put your battery at least 50% risk to blow up or take fire, and this is not good ;)

You guys please be patient!
Do you know why we don't make pics and videos as you expect? BECAUSE not all colleagues, especially photographers not so good and professional as you are by photographing lasers. Nice and amazing pics always in LPF!!!!~ lol
BUT I have told them to make some change!!!~:wave:
How long do we need to wait?
Is there any progress going on?

as long as my wallet isn't involved, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, maybe that's because this is the year I got to see a flying car and a jet pack.

1300mW seems unlikely, but who knows... if nothing else, there's photoshop.

I dont know why we still entertain Dino here. In the beginning they sucked, and then they pulled that 50% scam. So then they gave a few on-spec review units to a few of us, and now they are OK. But if you follow most of the threads like this, it shows they are still full of crap. Mic has lied multiple times. Even in this thread click you can tell she is being deceptive.

Please stop posting, and recommending this company.

Edit: I find it hilarious that a Chinese person has trouble taking a picture, LOL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.