Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

did christmas come early?

Looks like you're well supplied for a mass building session!!! Hosts, sleds, modules, you probably already have the drivers ...

the sleds are for my complete modules....

the hosts are for a new kit.....although i'm running into problems with measurements....may be forced to use flex drive and 2xAA with this kit....the 14500 seem to be longer than AA batteries and would make the module stick out too far

...i've got to order more drivers..i've only got like 6 or 7.

daguin

the sleds are for my complete modules....

the hosts are for a new kit.....although i'm running into problems with measurements....may be forced to use flex drive and 2xAA with this kit....the 14500 seem to be longer than AA batteries and would make the module stick out too far

...i've got to order more drivers..i've only got like 6 or 7.

Have you tried cutting the back of the module off? You can gain a few mm that way. I know it is an extra step, but it can be accomplished pretty easily. Sacrifice one module head to the vice gods and just screw the back ends onto it one at a time. Then use a tubing cutter to take off the last few mm of the module.

I'm not sure how you (or if you) use the "closed" end of the module, but if it is not needed for your kit, this might make the difference in length you need.

Another idea (because I have not seen your build kit) is can you make it work without the back of the module at all? Are you using a spring contact? Will it be short enough if you connect the spring directly to the driver board?

Maybe I should just buy one of your kits to see what's up :eek:

Peace,
dave

Tabish

Niiiice. Looks like you will have a big thread in the buy/sell section soon lol

Which host is that ?

The sleds are PHR's ?

Hosts look good!

Kinda OT but will you ever be restocking those Pailide kits again? Reason why I ask is because you sent me that one a while ago for a Youtube tutorial, I took all of the footage I needed for the tutorial, but I never edited them to put them on Youtube because you didn't have any in stock. The last thing I'd want is my inbox filling up with questions from noobs on where to get parts when you don't have them. :D

Dave, i may try it without the back end of the module. I was initially hoping it would just be a little too long, and i could have the heatsink made to entend out a little from the head of the host, much like a lot of jayrob's heatsinks....but it's simply too long and would look dumb.
I bought this host for the sole purpose to being able to use rkcstr's drivers, so i really want to find a solution.
I may see what kind of space i can get by removing the back of the module, and entended the heatsink, because the head of the host has fin type things that come out, i figure i can have the heatsink atleast entend outward flush with them, which would give me another 5mm.

The sleds are both phr and lpc.

Styro, if you are going to post that video then i would definitely get them back....considering how many subscribers you have lol

Styro, if you are going to post that video then i would definitely get them back....considering how many subscribers you have lol
Were all of the problems fixed with that kit fixed though? On my Pailide kit even the extra spacer didn't fix it, I had to mess with it more to get it to work. Problems like that would probably confuse the crap out of a lot of Youtube viewers...lol. But if everything is good now I can finish that video, I have all of the clips of assembly up to the point where I put it all together and it didn't turn on. :D

lol yeah i will def. not be going trhoguh that again. I'm worried that these new flashlights are going to have to be used with a flex drive....which means i've got 40x 14500 batteries sitting here that need a home. So i'll prob order more pailide hosts.

But this time i will do away with the pill all together. I'll have a full body heatsink made, and then simply mount the flex drive on the module with a spring, and use the heatsink as case negative.

i was a complete idiot for not doing that in the first place....it removes all complications and makes the build 100 times easier.

jeffd

Hey moh, can you pm when this kit is gonna be available and how much it is going to cost with the flex drive? im very interested!

Hey moh, can you pm when this kit is gonna be available and how much it is going to cost with the flex drive? im very interested!

Likewise Matt, I would also like a PM..

Those kits will look awesome with the mini 8X MXDL on the side...

~Jeremy

Yes keep us posted on this one. I want to do, 1 or 2 phr's. That will work with standard AA or AAA to give as gifts.
such as these hosts using a flex drive.

I too have shortened modules a pinch and shortened the spring (when there is one) in the but of the host. Springs just take up space. We have a saying at the welding shop, "If you can't make it perfect, Make it adjustable" !!!

HMike