Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cyan and Yellow Beam DIY Made

Madness Laser

I tried to recreate these two colors with various different colored pointers.. I know they suck..
But this is what I have at the moment, I hope you like them, I do a lot.

Attachments

• 20240510_154515.jpg
    20240510_154515.jpg
    510.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240510_154541.jpg
    20240510_154541.jpg
    456.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240510_155428.jpg
    20240510_155428.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240510_155451.jpg
    20240510_155451.jpg
    726.8 KB · Views: 13

Do you know the wavelengths of these? I'm especially interested in the yellow.

Madness Laser

No i'm sorry Paul ,
In your opinion, what wavelength will this yellow dot have? I don't know, maybe it's a 600nm?

Attachments

• 20240510_155428.jpg
    20240510_155428.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240510_155451.jpg
    20240510_155451.jpg
    726.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
A combined dot will never have a single wavelength. It will always be the two constituents. If you are after an equivalence then around 600nm would actually be a good guess from the image alone. However I'll show why you'll never get true wavelength equivalents using combined lasers.

Assuming that you are using direct diodes (520+635nm) This is the outcome if heavily red weighted.

You can see the black outlined circle is true 600nm vs the combined (white outline circle) 520+635nm.

1715526793528.png

Madness Laser

I don't believe it.. 600nm effective? where you see the black circle that photo has been zoomed in, where you see the white circle it was taken from a short distance away but they are always the two Green+Red pointers I just positioned them well, turned both on and clicked I took the photos, ditto for the cyan, do you think we managed to create an actual cyan?

kecked

That’s why I want four color 638 577 532 460. That yellow matters. Be better with 607 added and 445 added. In that case I’d move the 460 to 473 and add the 445.

Encap

A combined dot will never have a single wavelength. It will always be the two constituents. However I'll show why you'll never get true wavelength equivalents using combined lasers.

Assuming that you are using direct diodes (520+635nm) This is the outcome if heavily red weighted.
Exactly., Curtis.
The thread is just imaginary world misinformation from an OP who has nothing to do or say and nobody to do or say it with, who repeatedly makes insignificant nonsense posts and threads playing pretend on LPF for "attention"'.

The kindergarten level false information and misrepresentations just demonstrate a lack of knowledge, experience, and education about light, lasers, wavelengths, colors, and human visual system.

Firstly there are no beams in the photos only dots so the title is fake/bogus.
Secondly combining two different wavelength laser dots does not. can not, and never will produce any wavelengths other than wavelengths of the lasers used.

Light has the physical property of frequency/wavelength.
Color is a function of the human visual system, and is not a physical property of lasers.
Lasers don't "have" colors. Color exists only in the mind of the beholder.

Last edited:

kecked

Well combining his beams will never make other frequencies but I do it everyday with sum difference but my media is non linear and my peak power is way high. Yea this is like talking preschool. Maybe we should have a thread forum section for this stuff were we tolerate such questions. I don’t mind answering them most of the time.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Just request it and I can move it to the fightclub. There's nothing I can do about annoying posts other than move them. As long as nothing is illegal it is allowed.

Madness Laser

Exactly., Curtis.
The thread is just imaginary world misinformation from an OP who has nothing to do or say and nobody to do or say it with, who repeatedly makes insignificant nonsense posts and threads playing pretend on LPF for "attention"'.

The kindergarten level false information and misrepresentations just demonstrate a lack of knowledge, experience, and education about light, lasers, wavelengths, colors, and human visual system.

Secondly combining two different wavelength laser dots does not. can not, and never will produce any wavelengths other than wavelengths of the lasers used.

Light has the physical property of frequency/wavelength.
Color is a function of the human visual system, and is not a physical property of lasers.
Lasers don't "have" colors. Color exists only in the mind of the beholder.
@Encap

You never change uh? always the same, I've known you since the dawn of time and you've always done this, offend, write offensive things, and then make the other party angry and induce them to respond badly to you... you have the same modus operandi as Alaskan, you stay hidden shut up and then shoot shit at people.. you did it then.. you do it now.. I want to see when you'll lose this filthy habit you carry around with you.

I posted this thread, I tried to reproduce two colors in my own way, and what do I read from you? OP who has nothing to do? nursery school, insignificant posts? Is my thread fake? So in your opinion those images aren't real?

Instead of throwing all these insults, why don't you say it openly that it hurts you so much that I'm here? apparently that's the final intent.. but this time you don't succeed, now it's not like the old days..

Since I've been here I've never disrespected or offended anyone.
So from now on clean your mouth before offending anyone.
I didn't know that here we had a GOD who came down to earth... omniscient!!!!

No one has disrespected you. This is a forum for those who know what they're talking about. It is also a forum to learn.

Madness Laser

No one has disrespected you. This is a forum for those who know what they're talking about. It is also a forum to learn.
Exactly., Curtis.

Isn't this way of responding by saying these things a lack of respect and an offense? or how do you understand it?

kecked

Let’s try and start this over. So you are looking for the best way to make a perceived yellow beam? I find 642/525 my nicest yellow but I have never been able to match pure 577nm. And I can not trim the edge noise even with a spatial filter. 532/660 works but it’s more brown. 543/632 is very nice but low power. Hope that helps some.

Madness Laser

Let’s try and start this over. So you are looking for the best way to make a perceived yellow beam? I find 642/525 my nicest yellow but I have never been able to match pure 577nm. And I can not trim the edge noise even with a spatial filter. 532/660 works but it’s more brown. 543/632 is very nice but low power. Hope that helps some.
I just took some pointers, then I went to Google and asked: what colors do you get cyan from? What colors do you get yellow from? once I had the two answers, I took the pointers in my possession, of the color indicated to me by Google, I turned them on, and placed them one inside the other so that at the end it returned me a single color, same with yellow, then I I took the photos and posted them here.
That's all. For me, I like both cyan and yellow as they came, if I succeeded at all. But I'm not looking for anything and I don't want anything.

kecked

Ok cool. Yea I went through that looking for the perfect yellow. Never found it except 577nm opsl. Those 571nm are pretty close but touch of green.