Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Custom battery charger

jordanka16

I ordered a laser that takes a 14500 battery, and I realized I have no way of charging them, so I whipped this up.

Sure is ugly but it will work.

muSHXVU.jpg

SRuVAWG.jpg

The Opus BT-C3100 V2.1 I got some time ago works well to charge and also evaluate most batteries we use here. I'm not sure if these are still available, but you might want to look into it.

Encap

If a charger you have is not compatible with the size battery you want to charge you can easily run 2 wires with a small magnet on one or both ends to the charger's plus and minus terminals and attach the other ends via magnet on wire to the batteries plus and minus and charge the battery.

Last edited:
If a charger you have is not compatible with the size battery you want to charge you can easily run 2 wires with a small magnet on one or both ends to the charger's plus and minus terminals and attach the other ends via magnet on wire to the batteries plus and minus and charge the battery.

This is true, but the Opus Is by far the best charger I ever got. I believe it cost me only $40 at the time, but it's worth so much more than that. There are four ports that can be used individually to charge, reinvigorate or evaluate any of these batteries.

Last edited:

jordanka16

Until recently I've only had some 21700s for flashlights, and they have USBC built in. Otherwise I just use NiMH and I have a charger for that. If I end up with a battery collection I'll need more than a Jerry rigged charger for sure. I'll look into the opus, thanks!

Until recently I've only had some 21700s for flashlights, and they have USBC built in. Otherwise I just use NiMH and I have a charger for that. If I end up with a battery collection I'll need more than a Jerry rigged charger for sure. I'll look into the opus, thanks!

If they are still available you won't be unhappy.