Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLOSED! Now Distributing ROUND 2!: THE "Skylaser" (laserBtB) groupbuy!

Re: CLOSED! Taking payments. ROUND 2!: THE "Skylaser" (laserBtB) groupbuy!

Methinks the natives are getting restless, Mister Livingston!
:undecided:

Blord

You guys are mixing two characters. One is real and the other is fictional. :D

Sherlock Holmes is real!!! I've seen him on TV!

:D

Blord

And he travels in a time machine. I have seen Dr Who - The Snowmen episode.

You avatar reminds me of the last episode of Star Trek TNG - All Good Things...

Last edited:

Heh, what can I say, I like to mix & match :p

I haven't seen Dr.Who at all... it's on my netflix instant queue though.

TNG is the Star Trek that made me fall in love with Star Trek... I'm kind of sad that I don't get the avatar reference... will re-watch the episode tonight.

The funny thing about my avatar is that in lining up the lasers, adjusting the light, and taking a few pics to make sure I caught the beams right, I didn't realize that the two drawer chest I was focusing on from 8' away was smoking.......

Safety glasses rule! :crackup:

It's decided; I'm going to be purchasing an LPM with my next paycheck. I can't decide between the LaserBee A and the LaserBee USB, though. Does anyone here have any opinions or advice on these? I'd really like to have a display on the device, but I also think it would be cool to graph it on the computer. Any thoughts?

I personally prefer the computer graph but it's entirely up to you, with openLPM and other projects you shouldn't have an issue with datalogging anyway.

I also like a youtube film of the meter actually metering the laser :) you can slao have both :wave: it is al personal matter :)

Greetings,,

Personally I would go for the USB version, although chances are you would be able to add data logging to the laserbee A as well.

Thanks for the input, guys! I'll go with the LaserBee A and add data-logging to it with OpenLPM later down the road. I think it'd be a fun project to do.

Last edited:

Well hopefully it won't be long and we will know how the lucky people are that's lasers where shipped in the first batch.

Pman

Good on you Andrew. Starts to drive you crazy not having a way to measure mw as you collect units. Also a big plus for me was verifying outputs. Have been shocked at how overpowered alot of the 5 dollar ebay pens are.
I like to remove the caps (best way I've found to do this without scratching the front cap is to score the space between the cap and host and then put leather between the pliers and cap and then alternate positions using a slight pull and side twist or rocking motion). I use a brush with a round wooden end that is longer than the back tube and smack it on the floor and the end cap will pop out. You can cut the back tube down after removing the battery spacer and then use this spacer to do the smack down thing to pop out the threaded piece also. I have done this so I can add another length to a pen for a third aaa cell (run 3 aaa eneloops which is basically the same as one 10440. Kind of weird but it all works.
You can cut the tube lengths down to have almost half the length (especially with the 405's) running off a 10440. Haven't blown one yet:D
Added custom focusing to a couple units and have painted some things with gold leaf paint (which actually comes out looking more like a cross between copper and gold in color (kind of an antique look).
Wouldn't do this with anything but my cheapos. Gives me stuff to mess with while awaiting my nicer units.
Haven't seen any of the ebay ones come with an adjustable pot by the way.
I could post some pics of this stuff if anyone is interested while we wait for our lasers.

Last edited:

Hey guys,

Sent DHL tracking to: Blord, Coby, Grainde, Trippy.

Next batch tracking next batch tracking numbers coming soon! :D This was a DHL shipment some are FEDEX some are DHL. I am sure e has a good reason to do that :)

greetings,,