Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Centipide problems >.>

>>>i have a german shepherd and now its dead because we called our dad to kill it.

wait what??

JLSE

>>>i have a german shepherd and now its dead because we called our dad to kill it.

wait what??

HM36Drugs-Are-Bad-Posters.jpg

:D

wait what??
He had to mean that the dads was called to kill the centipede. Maybe he typed that while still very scared.

I kept Giant Hissing Cockroaches from Madsgaskar. They dont generally invade homes preferring the woods. The males have horn-like bumps on thier heads and when you pick them up thet emit a fairly loud hiss.

Several escaped from the aquarium I kept them in ( I fed them milkbones and they got thier water from a sponge in a dish) and one day while eating at a small resturant next door a lady came screaming from the bathroom after seeing one. I said nothing. Those are the kind they use in the 'FEAR' shows where people have to lay in a big box full of them. quite harmless and not dirty like the other kinds of roaches. would not bother me to have them on me. millipeds and centipeds-- no thanks.

To the OP- I would suggest a wooden mallet or a ball peen hammer- way less that 30$ too. works every time.

Also may I suggest that just before you click 'submit' read (aloud) your post or thread and EDIT. they way you wrote it one would think the Dad was called to kill the dog.

Last edited:
He had to mean that the dads was called to kill the centiped. Maybe he typed that while still very scared.

I kept Giant Hissing Cockroaches from Madsgaskar. They dont generally invade homes preferring the woods. The males have horn-like bumps on thier heads and when you pick them up thet emit a fairly loud hiss.

Several escaped from the aquarium I kept them in ( I fed them milkbones and they got thier water from a sponge in a dish) and one day while eating at a small resturant next door a lady came screaming from the bathroom after seeing one. I said nothing. Those are the kind they use in the 'FEAR' shows where people have to lay in a big box full of them. quite harmless and not dirty like the other kinds of roaches. would not bother me to have them on me. millipeds and centipeds-- no thanks.

To the OP- I would suggest a wooden mallet or a ball peen hammer- way less that 30$ too. works every time.

Also may I suggest that just before you click 'submit' read (aloud) your post or thread and EDIT. they way you wrote it one would think the Dad was called to kill the dog.

Ummm... you are aware that rangedunits was joking?

Hissing cockroaches i've seen somewhere. I forget where. They're awesome! It was somewhere where i couldn't touch, i can tell that much, or i'd remember handling one.
And, thought i'd clear something up (after a discussion i got into on LC last night)...
VietnameseCentipedeWHSp_AP7I.jpg

This is a centipede, although much, MUCH bigger than any i'm used to. They have two legs per segment of body, fairly large segments (thus not a huge amount of legs) and they move very fast. They're orange\brown\reddish. They also can bite\sting, at least, they can do so to children (wasn't aware of that, thanks wannaburn). They hunt and eat "meat" (other critters). While i did used to play with them as a kid, i now wouldn't touch them. Not for any rational reason, i just don't like the speed at which they move.

milliped.jpg

This is a millipede. I've seen ones this size on only a few occasions, and only in captivity. They have thin segments, with each one possessing four legs. Their legs tend to be more... underneath the body than the centipedes who have legs either side of the body. They move slowly and are clearly harmless. If you pick it up and jab it with a stick or annoy it, it'll secrete some mild toxins which might very slightly irritate your skin (WIMP!) but only if you go poking it and making it think it's going to be eaten or killed. They eat rotting stuff. I've always thought these were awesome and were one this size to be crawling across my keyboard right now i would pick it up with my bare hands and let it out (whereas if a centipede were i would withdraw my hands quickly, and use the glass + paper method to put it outside).

Generally, if you have time to identify it, it's a millipede in which case there's no reason why you should hurt it. It's so slow and harmless that you might as well just put it out. I can understand a fear of centipedes, but not to the point of freaking out, squealling and killing it. Although i'm generally a pacifist to animals... (the only exceptions being mosquittos).

Haha... next time i'll lecture you guys on the differences between a defensively-stinging honey bee, offensively-stinging wasp and never stinging sollitary "bumble" bee (which are fluffy and i love to hold).

EDIT: Should you have the luxury of catching a millipede, take some time to watch the legs as it moves. They go in waves... it's fun to watch :D

Last edited:
Its a house centipede.
OP has some sort of phobia or condition causing them to be so afraid of something like that.

Protip: House centipedes are what keep venomous spiders out of your house.

Benm

They do look fairly intimidating, i can imagine you would want to get it out of your house.

Its probably best not to mess with them with bare hands as a precaution - personally i'd simply take a broom and wipe them out the door. I've travelled in the tropics quite a bit, and when you want to remove some unknown (to you) crawly critter, using a broom is a fine approach. I'm sure most of them don't bit or sting, but err on the side of caution :D

Protips: Dont use scissors to cut in two pieces, it will crawl up your hands.

Use aeral attack.

I had these when I lived on the beach. 4 inch mofos, so big you could hear them walking across the wall. One ran up the side of the couch and bit me on the freakin arm once.

They like damp areas so put your glue traps around, and under sinks, the washing machine, water heater, ect.