Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CANCELED CNI 30mW 589nm Module Group Buy

Luckinfutz

I'm interested in the bare 30mW module as well, you can put me down for one.

I am going to put a deadline on this. September 1st. At that point I will go to CNI with what we have and see what the best price I can get is.

I got a final price of $525 per unit

Please send the payment now and I will place the order as soon as I get everyones payment. My PayPal address is

Please send $683.75 friends and family or $708.98 goods and services to cover PayPal fees.

This comes from
$525
$131.25 25% import duty
$27.50 Shipping $110/4

Cutoff is September 10th. If I do not receive everyone's payment by that time I will go back to cni to get a new price for a smaller quantity and if the other members are not OK with the new price I will refund everyone and cancel the group buy.

Please note, this price does not include final shipping to you (approximately $10-$20) or the price for the host/assembly from lifetime17 if that is something you opted for (approximately $100). Payment for those will be taken when I receive the models and verify everything is good with the shipment and they will be shipped out to you promptly after that.

Last edited:
Hi Brendon,

Could you please clarify where the import duty is coming from? I live in the U.S., and am unfamiliar with this cost.

I'd also be interested in a diode, but I'd like the 80 mw if it's available at a discount.

Hi Brendon,

Could you please clarify where the import duty is coming from? I live in the U.S., and am unfamiliar with this cost.

I'd also be interested in a diode, but I'd like the 80 mw if it's available at a discount.
I am not 100% sure on the specific regulations for reference however I asked CNI and they confirmed there is a 25% import duty. I believe it has something to do with electronics manufacturered in China. If it turns out that it is less than 25% then rest assured I will refund it.

I am not 100% sure but I believe it only applies to orders over a certain value so that might be why you aren't familiar with it.

I am only doing the group buy for the 30mW model. It would not save you any money to do the 80mW through me so you might as well contact them on your own.

Only received funds from 1 member. Money refunded, group buy canceled. If you contact CNI directly at cnioptical@cnilaser.com you should be able to get the price quoted for 1pc. You can contact lifetime17 for the host design he made. I don't have any pictures at this time. Best of luck.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Noooooooo. That sucks!

umarucry.gif

Big thanks for trying to organize this though. :cool: