Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BlueFusion's latest cleanup thread.

BluRay

Ndrew and Dave, thanks for the info. I've nevered had to use a middle man before. But im sure Murudai can be trusted on this one. Murudai and myself have talked and he's agreed to test the laser and make sure its a 200mW and above, and inspect the laser so as it hasn't been tampered or replaced buy another cheap module inside.
If all good, and he confirms it with me, than i'll send the money via PayPal to BF, or Murudai? dont want to send the money to his account and have it informed that i havent paid. but than again i'll keep my transaction records anyways. ;)
So hopefully paypal will use it to pay the people first on the list.

Tommy

BluRay

BlueFusion..... Oh i C. so i guess that means your going to have access to the funds. Anyways i have to pay you anyways. just hope its going to the right place.
Someone should ask paypal, that BF wants to pay money to PayPal and how do they go ahead in doing that since his account cant recieved money.

Tommy

BluRay

How about this to sort out some of the trouble.

How bout you tell me who you want paid, and than i pay whoever you owe the money too, and those people will contact PayPal and retract their complaint or tell PP that they've recieved the item, and its solves some claim. at least that way Paypal will remove those people and PP will be off your back for awhile.

Whats your thought on this solution? or i should just pay BF after i get the go ahead from Murudai?

Tommy

daguin

BluRay said:
How about this to sort out some of the trouble.
How bout you tell me who you want paid, and than i pay whoever you owe the money too, and those people will contact PayPal and retract their complaint or tell PP that they've recieved the item, and its solves some claim.  at least that way Paypal will remove those people and PP will be off your back for awhile.
Whats your thought on this solution? or i should just pay BF after i get the go ahead from Murudai?
Tommy

An excellent idea Tommy.  It will be interesting to read BF's response to this

I think I'm fairly clear on the issue.  However, this new "wrinkle" of which we have only BF's word, would allow BF to get cash in hand again.  I will simply remind everyone of BF's propensity and willingness to present a skilled lie to get what he wants.  His whole goal here from the beginning was to get cash in hand.  I will email PayPal to ask about this "closing off" of an account with claims against it and let them know that he is trying to (or already has) set up an alternate account.  IF he comes up with this new account and communicates it to anyone, please share that new account info to the group.  PayPal will want to know what it is.

If he insists that his PayPal addy cannot receive funds AND he is unwilling to allow you to send the funds to another member, my vote is to protect yourself and the other members of the list.  Do NOT buy the laser.  I know it is VERY tempting.  He is offering deals that are too good to be true.  However, you should remember, that is how con men work.  The deal sounds so good and the con man seems so earnest that even though you don't completely trust them, you do the deal anyway.  Then when you get ripped off, you feel a bit guilty for being so gullible.  His stories will all contain the reasons why he just can't comply with the safeguards in place against him.

You see, BF (like all con men and scammers) thinks that he is smarter than you.  He thinks that he is sooooo much smarter than you that he can trick you because you are too stupid to be able to figure out what he is doing until it is too late.  He also thinks that even if he rips you off once, you are so stupid that he can come back with another good story and get you to give him money again.  He will probably send you a PM or email explaining why you shouldn't listen to me or the others warning you on the list because he is soooooo sorry for what happened and he has changed.  That he is trying his best to make it right.  He will solicit your "help" in making things right by avoiding the "meanies" who talk smack about him on the list.  They just don't know how honest he actually is and that it was a certain set of circumstances that forced him to do what he did.

If you will notice with this last batch of posts by him trying to "set it right," he began by trying to get around the safeguards that we put in place for dealing with this scammer.  As we put blocks in front of his attempts to get around them, he adapted his story to compensate.  After we refused his attempt to get around us, he suddenly no longer had the urgent need.  You will also notice that all of his communications are filled with qualifiers like "may", "when he is able". "as soon as some other thing happens", etc. so he can say that he didn't REALLY lie to you.  It is the world that keeps trying to put him down and keep him down.  He will ask you to please help him get back to just even.  He will keep talking and changing the story until somebody is fooled.  

If it gets to the point where no one is listening to him again (as has happened at least twice before), he will drop out of sight for awhile again until he figures that the heat has died down or there are enough NOOB's on the list that he can get away with the same lies that worked in the past.

There is a new way to get around your new attempt to get cash in hand again Rowan.  What say you to Tommy sending the money for the laser to the next person on the list that  you ripped off?  

BTW, how far along are you in getting the other laser mailed off to Sawt?  Here is my prediction.  Even though he said in an earlier post that he "could" come up with enough money to ship a package with tracking if he had to, he will suddenly not be able to get enough money together to simply ship this unit to Sawt.  Oh yeah, and that he just doesn't have enough free time to get down to the post office to ship it.  Those are two of his lies he used quite frequently to get people to wait long enough to file PayPal claims against him, that it would be too late to file a claim.

Here is a great start back for you.  Send the laser to Sawt and have Tommy send the money for the other laser to the next person or persons that you owe money to after Muradai evaluates it.

Peace,
dave

L

laserguys

Now a piece of info that does concern you guys... for some reason, my cgeeky@gmail.com paypal is now unable to receive funds at all... strangely. Try for yourself if you really want.
So I guess I'll have to collect funds with another account and have them paid into it through other means (bank account and/or bpay, credit cards, etc).

I've no idea how this benefits PayPal in trying to collect funds for it though.

It doesn't benefit PayPal....... it benefits you.

Hey Dave,
you have the best solutions for no one else to get ripped off.

Now that some cash would possibly come in... his PayPal account mysteriously can't accept payments. :-?
it seems he needs another excuse to get the cash directly into his hands. ::) :mad:

Kenom

BlueFusion said:
Haha... I've gotten spam emails like that.

Yeah, this is the basic idea of using a middleman.
Sawt - got yer email. I'll get it sent out when [highlight]possible.[/highlight]

Dude, if your trying honestly to clear your name, this is entirely the wrong thing to be saying and thinking (you wouldn't have typed it if you weren't thinking it)
More like "I'll get it sent out [highlight]instantly[/highlight]"

I also agree with dave's sentiment that if he tells you that he will not accept the money for said laser to go to the next person he owes, that you should pass on the deal. sometimes habitual liers don't even know when they are lying. He may have every intention of shipping said laser but with it not being a high priority on his list, he may never "get around to it"

dont you remember his excuse for not sending some1's stuff out...? something like theres not a p.o. within 100 miles or some other BS. kenom does have a point....

EDIT: that was complete and utter sarcasm cept what i said about kenom havin a point ;)

Well, since there is no paying until I get the laser, you don't have to worry about 'forgetting' to send :)

And with all this paying stuff... it's getting complicated. I hope you guys know what you're doing, because I'm not following too well. Just tell me what to do :p

Kenom

Well essentially it comes down to blue claiming that he can't recieve payments into his paypal account. Which is understandable given the number of disputes open against him. So he has two options. he can take the money himself, and never pay anybody back, or he can agree to have the payment go to the persons awaiting resolution directly from you the middle man. Given blue's history for not following through on anything or very little, it's the only way I would accept the transaction. Else your putting money in his hand that will MOST LIKELY NEVER see any other hand but his.

If needed, I can volunteer to open a new verified paypal account for collecting payments for BlueFusion's stuff, then forward the money onto those that need refunds. That way, bluefusion has no access to the funds.

Look. I see this is a problem, and I'll contact PayPal about getting it unlocked.
I have been making payments into it already, so it is possible that it may be unlocked soon.
In the interim, I'm happy for Murudai to hold onto the payment until it can go into my paypal. Does that suit you guys?

Update of sorts: Paypal claims though my account is limited, I should still be able to receive funds... I have no idea why I am thus unable to. :-?

So. I guess the only option is for it to go out as planned, and for Murudai to hold onto the funds until my paypal can receive payments, or all the refunds are sent out.

ah, stuff it, I'll just go for the refund instead of the open can. Cybob tells me it was $160.

BluRay

BLUE, so is that a no to my proposal? because the way i see it, is if PP sees that you are paying people back or dispute against you have been dropped by a few people, than that will buy you more time with PP.

If not, than i will send Murudai the money like you request. But the way i see it is, my option is just the same, PP will pay other people back anyways, so this way im paying them for you, and have the person recieving the money drop the dispute or tell PP they got the item.
You can right a list of people you want the money going too, Forum name, and how much and i can have it sent out within the price range which im buying the laser. :)

Tommy

Paypal doesn't work like that. The disputes are already closed, they are just pending refunds because there's no money to send.

VillageIdiot, thats ok. Can't say im not disappointed, but oh well.
Anyone else want to buy it to help with refunds?