Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"Blue Demon" & "Green Demon" now available - 15W Blue & 4W Green Handhelds

tinkertavernco

Hi everyone,

We recently heard about some exciting new tech to finally break through some power barriers for handhelds... and, of course, we managed to get our hands on it.

Behold, the Blue Demon:

E51A5792.jpg

(15W)

And, the Green Demon:
E51A5777.jpg

(4W)

I'll let the LPM reading speak for itself:
IMG-1920.jpg

The brightness on these is simply unbelievable. At night they can light up an entire backyard, and the brightness is sufficient to make the beam visible in daylight.
These are wide-beam lasers, but do not have the divisions that lasers based on multi-diode arrays have. It Is just a single wide beam.

If you're interested:

Blue Demon: >>>HERE<<<
Green Demon: >>>HERE<<<

Last edited:

Are these single emitters or have you combined a couple of beams into 1 inside each unit ?

I know we are waiting to get hands on a NUBC31 but a 4W green at the same time...... no I bet a pair of NUGM06's

How good is the beam ? dia. ? divergence ?
Is it still diverging faster on one axis ?

Combined by Bragg grating ?

Looks like I'm behind on my reading, this is exciting.

Also interesting
file:///home/eroom/Downloads/Laser%20beam%20Combining%20(1).pdf

Last edited:
^Looks cool, but I don't think that would fit in that pointer. I would love to be proven wrong so I can make some monster handhelds

tinkertavernco

Are these single emitters or have you combined a couple in each ?
These are dual diode with some interesting optics. However we are still searching for the elusive 13W 465nm diodes which, when we get them, may let us get 30+ watts out of these 🙂

I’ll do some measurements on the beam in a bit.

Depends, if you can use just the substrate stacks then you can maximize your miniaturization.
But I expect he is using a new diffraction grating and a couple of existing nubm44's or nugm06's

Sure or you can use a rotator and rotate the polorization of 1 of the beams, I was doing this just recently, it's easy but I am looking at the space constraints and thinking it's maybe something newer.

Here I am combining 2 beams using a rotator and pbs cube. The combined beam looks like 1 regular beam at 2X the power.
SANY7534.JPG

Last edited:

tinkertavernco

Is the projected spot a cross like it would be with a single PBS cube?
No, it’s a line, similar to most multimode diodes. Divergence has a fast and slow axis, but it’s compensated for by using a wide lens.

What kind of duty cycle do you get out of the 15 watt? The heat sinking seems a bit small, but I can't say that for sure.
The heatsink is actually pretty huge. Keep in mind that these take two 32650 cells - the laser is massive. As for the duty cycle I’ve run one for 4 minutes at a time and it didn’t get too hot; I’ll do some more comprehensive tests later.

Thanks. With no frame of reference it's difficult to tell how big the host is.

Yes if using some reverse diffraction grating or a Bragg grating to combine beams we would like to see what's involved....Also would like to know if beam correction via c-lens pairs is still possible after this new combining method.