Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blizard!!! I can't wait!

I live in north central Iowa. I have to move the crap.
You guys who love the snow are welcome to come remove it :)
I want Globule warming. What did mankind do to end the last ice age?
Why can't we do it again?

HMike

I've been watching this storm for days, it looks pretty impressive! Too bad I'm at the edge of the snowfall, at least I'll still get something though. This system is extremely powerful! If it would travel a bit more to the southeast I'd be seeing a lot more snow.

Styro --

Hang in there. A lot of winter storms have been going more south over the last couple years as weather patterns take normal changes. ENJOY !

HMike

I hope to get some snow soon here in Michigan. I wanna go snowboarding so bad. I missed it last season because I was working down in Tennessee.

saaame here. I love snowbaording. Here in orange county we get no snow, but about 2 hours away is big bear. There getting 12-24 inches today-tommarow!!!!! im going tuesday... cant wait.

The most impressive part about this low pressure, is that it has a barometric pressure that is lower than the average huricane!! 29.92 is the average huricane's pressure and this low pressure is...28.8!!!!!!! This sucker is going to have a lot of wind in it. 50+MPH wind gusts Local weather stations are saying 8 to 12" still.

Weather Video - WQAD

Last edited:

Rob

Holy hell, 50+MPH, that's insane! Have fun, but be safe friend.

I think I'm insane....I still plan on going to work. :) But I have lived here all of my life and I know where to go if I get stuck. Fortionately the majority of the wind will be on tuesday night....when I am sleeping.:)

Wow, you get all the good weather. Here in MD, we're getting a severe ice storm with a few inches on tuesday night/wednesday morning, nothing much.

ZRTMWA- Fellow Marylander!!

From the radar on TV, The storm is about to Des Moines and headed NE toward me. I can't find an isobar chart to make an estimate of winds.
I'm too old for this cold and snow............ Us skinney old farts freeze quickly.

HMike

Wow, you get all the good weather. Here in MD, we're getting a severe ice storm with a few inches on tuesday night/wednesday morning, nothing much.

ZRTMWA- Fellow Marylander!!

Nothing like a good Ice Storm....I've had my fair share of them....I would much rather have 12+ inches of snow.:)

From the radar on TV, The storm is about to Des Moines and headed NE toward me. I can't find an isobar chart to make an estimate of winds.
I'm too old for this cold and snow............ Us skinney old farts freeze quickly.

HMike

Where are you located? I think I live rather close to you.....I live in the Quad Cities

This is the Computer Model for 9AM Wednesday morning.
NAM_US_SURPRE_42.gif

Woke up today with about 1-2 inches of snow on my car. We are curently in a break from the snow, but it should start to get rather heavy around 3 to 5 pm.

@ iskor 12 You make me really jealous pal. I used to live in the extreme NW corner of In. (WHITING), & we used to get all the snow squalls coming in off of LAKE MICHIGAN. The worst blizzard I lived through was just after the earthquake in PRINCE WILLIAM'S SOUND in ALASKA. Meteorologists predicted that the winter of '63-'64 was gonna be bad & they weren't kidding !!!!! We got 39 inches of snow in a 24 hour period. School closed for 2 weeks, businesses closed & the whole area was paralyzed. The only way to get around was by snow-mobile. Hell, even the EAST CHICAGO-GARY steel mills closed for 5 days, & they don't close for anything, but nobody could drive in to get to work. My DAD & I took turns shoveling snow every hour. We had snow piled in our front yard over 6 feet high. The snowflakes were as big as silver dollars. I sure wish I had been into lasers back then !!! Man, the pix I could have had...... rob