Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Big Maglight 1W 445nm

you always want to test the preset current. you always need to accout for the human factor.
also i would suggest a 3 or 4 cell flashlight depending on... if the d's are 1.2 or 1.5v. if the first then use 4 if the latter use 3. that will give you the correct voltage range for flexdrie.

Ok ill put together a test load. Any other tricks or tips?

The only thing better than learning from your mistakes is learning from others mistakes!

Ok ill put together a test load. Any other tricks or tips?

The only thing better than learning from your mistakes is learning from others mistakes!

Yes, just figured this one out. The flex drive requires a clean on-off input. In other words use a good quality switch between the battery and driver, DO NOT apply power to the flex by simply touching the input connections to the battery it WILL potentially kill the diode. Also DO NOT us a host that has a twist type on off, only click switch, momentary or good quality slide type switch.

thanks for the tips but apparently my plan is not going to work as my flexdrive order was canceled do to being out of stock.

Even today the website CLEARLY indicates it being in stock but it is not so if anyone needs a driver dont order it from http://hacylon.case.edu/ebay/laser_diode/Micro_FlexDrive.php

Im sort of salty do to the fact I spent so much time trying to figure this out and now a key component is not available for an unknown amount of time. If its out of stock the site should say so before i provide all of my private information and order the complimentary parts. :yabbmad:

Anyone have a suggestion for a replacement or another place to purchase the flexdrive?

Last edited:
will welding glasses work ?? there pretty dark also if somone were to accidently cross the beam of a 1 watt would it instantly burn them ?? thanks

jakeGT

Dude. My maglite 445 from DTR is set at 1.8A putting out 1750mW. I run it for 5 minutes straight and it does not even get the least bit hot whatsoever. Ou can go much bigger with this mag build your talking about. But you can't just order a heatsink and hope it fits in Yoyr host. You need to send it tp Jayrob to have him make you a custom heat sink to perfectly fit your host.

If you set your driver at 900mA u can run that thing for 15 minutes straight without hurting anything

Oh yeah check out my review on my 2d mag in my signature and dtrs review of it

And also oh yeah- get two rechargeable 32600's thata the only battery that you will want to use for this build

Last edited: