Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Be careful with those Wicked Safety Glasses

Yep, on this forum OEM is generally referring to: OEM Laser Systems, Inc., Precision Laser Equipment

These guys are very reputable, and are represented on this forum by Frothy Chimp. Talk about OEM long enough, and he might even make a guest appearance. Their glasses, in addition to being high quality, safe, and certified, are also available in several fashionable styles to suite your tastes.

PPCTX, OEM Laser Systems is a company. Yes, it referes to Original Equipment Manufacturer, but it is part of their company name. They are VERY well known for making spec, or better than their quoted spec, eye protection.

Here is their site: OEM Laser Systems, Inc., Precision Laser Equipment

Also, if your eyes feel funny after looking at the "dot" even through the WL goggles, I suggest its time to get a pair of actual ANSI Z136 and EN207 certified goggles.

Edit: whoops, suppose I should refresh my browser every few minutes before I go re-reposting advice, lol

Last edited:
I have 2 pairs of the WL shades, and 1 appears to block more blue than the other...WTF if I can tell a difference shouldn't QC be able to weed the weaker ones out..Assuming They are doing QC, and with the stamped rating of OD5 WL is open to a law suit if They don't live up to specs and someone damages their vision.:oops:

Coherent:

Ps Good luck on suing a Chinese Company and making it stick.

ppctx

Thank y'all. When I had Goggled oem AND laser, oemlasersystems came up first but there were a lot of others that were also pulled up in that search.

Side note, some what laser related, NewEgg now has a Blu-Ray burner for $99 (and printable disks ~$1.60ea in 25 pack), ordered one this last Saturday, research today shows BR back up software is still in it's infancy though.

I’ll defiantly look for some new eye wear, my eyes still feel funny. (You could not understand how intimate I am with the reality/finality of vision loss)

PPCTX its really good that you came here with the question regarding the goggles. Think of the countless Arctic owners who will just assume that the goggles are protecting their eyes when they really arent doing a darn thing at all.

It's a shame that a Chinese company can pull this kind of crap over on people, but I suppose its all part of the game.

Thank y'all. When I had Goggled oem AND laser, oemlasersystems came up first but there were a lot of others that were also pulled up in that search.

Side note, some what laser related, NewEgg now has a Blu-Ray burner for $99 (and printable disks ~$1.60ea in 25 pack), ordered one this last Saturday, research today shows BR back up software is still in it's infancy though.

I’ll defiantly look for some new eye wear, my eyes still feel funny. (You could not understand how intimate I am with the reality/finality of vision loss)

If You have two pair You can double them up until You get new glasses. I do see that OEM Laser systems glasses are a lot more than WL, but You get what you pay for. I wish I knew who actually made the glasses for WL as I might want to send them my thoughts on their product.

These are more like alignment Glasses, and if We treat them as such everyone will be better off instead of assuming the offer full protection.

Coherent:

Last edited:
Wow...OD5 should mean that .001% of the light is getting through, meaning no more than .01mW should be coming through even when the laser is pointed directly at the glasses.

Methinks something is amiss with these glasses. Methinks that I also anticipated this very early on, and this is one time where I really do hate to be right. One person making a fuss over vision damage due to these glasses is all it could take for this to be a hassle for all hobbyists.

oic0

Thats why I posted this, if I stop one person from damaging their vision its worth it. That and to pique interest and prompt you guys in to doing the testing I can't ;)

*edit* uploading video of greenie pen going through it to youtube now. Darn you tiny dsl upload speed!

Last edited:
Very strange - they are the regular red tinted shades right? I have an older pair that came with my Executive 35 three years ago and they block almost all of the 445nm light.

I guess they cheaped out on the goggles then, mine are red and work with anything 405-532

oic0

Ones in the vid are redish orange to me in better light. Can read em in 720p, say OD6+ at 532, hahahahahaha
They dont work on my 405s either.

Last edited: