Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Battery buggy? // Can i charge this battery?

TimTom

hello community,

i tested some minutes ago my 3v battery with an multimeter. it says 2,8v@5,3amp. so i tested it out in my laser but i doesnt works.. ? so i tested my laser with other batterys and well.. it works.

what the fuck happens? o_O

--------------------------------------

i have an ultrafire 14500 1200maH 3,7 li-ion accumulator (rechargeable battery) and a trustfure multifunctional charger. the charger says me, that i should use it only for "16340, 18650, 25500, 26650, 26700" - other types of batteries may couse personal injury and damage.

so.. but my batteries are empty and i want to charge them up.. what do you think? can i simply charge it without risk's?

thank you very much :)

hello community,

i tested some minutes ago my 3v battery with an multimeter. it says 2,8v@5,3amp. so i tested it out in my laser but i doesnt works.. ? so i tested my laser with other batterys and well.. it works.

what the fuck happens? o_O
What does that mean?

It should have some voltage at no current load what so ever - how did you measure 2.8 volts at 5 Amps?

I HOPE you never measured your battery directly with amper meter. Amp meter functions, ideally, like zero resistance component, like a wire for example. If you put leads to battery while in amper metering mode, you're shorting it out!

TimTom

lel wat.. i dont know. just set my multimeter to amppere and take it to my battery ;o

TimTom

hmm.. lol. so you think the battery doesnt works because i tested it for their ampére?

Aleksa

Learn the differents between measuring voltage and amperage :)
Google is your friend.

TimTom

guys, thats not the answer to my question.. *snip*. <-- sorry for that.. i was a little bit on rage -_-

i can not help it if you confuse me.

Last edited:
guys, thats not the answer to my question.. idiots.

i can not help it if you confuse me.

Then I'll keep this simple for you so you can follow.

You shorted out the battery.

It probably is too empty, or too damaged to power a laser.

but i got 2,8 volts from it.. sure.

Which is edging on the lower limit for battery's critical discharge scenario.

Would it totally hurt to charge it first, then try it in the laser, THEN report back?

Aleksa

Insulting us will not help you.
If you are messing with electronics,first learn the basics.
The answer to your problem is that you dont know what you are doing,and thus damaging components. When measuring current,your multimeter is a short circuit,a single conductor. When you tried to measure battery current,you were actually shorting the battery. You can also damage your multimeter by trying to measure current like that. In order to properly measure the current...well...you need to learn the basics. Start from Ohms Law.

TimTom

forget it, its hopeless

sorry for insultig.. today is not my day.

TimTom

btw. remember, the max voltage of the battery is 3 volts. it isnt rechargeable and 2,8v is ok for that.. so thats why i dont understand you guys.