Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Awaiting shipment!: ROUND 5!: THE "Skylaser" (laserBtB) groupbuy!

You could ask how long we should expect this delay if a few are stuck at customs or if he can let them know and ask how long before they through cause they contain no batteries so no reason to holdback them. I know my status havent changed anything like i wrote and i have been to DHL tracking everyday and get the same status so please do that. Strange if we waited so long and now the customs gonna delay, i thought they only delay if they detect stuff thats not allowed to send blabla....

Last edited:

In post 165 kevin quoted till 1oct. So if you dont get updates by then i will contact kevin immediatly.

Greetings,,

I am pretty sure my two packages were the last order shipped. One of them is showing
"The item (LK0693xxxxxHK) left Hong Kong for its destination on 26-Sep-2014"

and the other one is showing "The item (LK0693xxxxxHK) arrived at United States of America on 28-Sep-2014".

So apparently mine and some other orders (since some people already have theirs) have gotten through customs no problems. I do not think Laserbtb or Kevin can control what gets through. Even once the lasers in in the USA there can still be problems. I have received calls from Fed Ex on some shipments where I needed additional documents (Ascension forms) for release of the lasers. I contacted Offroads who already had the forms filled out from Kevin and he had them to my in 30 mins even though I am in the USA and he is in the Netherlands (I think). I had them to Fed Ex moments later and my lasers were released. One thing I know is Offroads (and Kevin) have been great in all 5 group buys. It is what is is. I think it is pretty obvious buying lasers from China is a risk, whether its clearing customs, getting a laser DOA and having to return it (has happened to me), etc.

Brucemir is correct, I was rude. I said I wasn't trying to offend him, but he still felt like I directed my comments at him.

Sorry Bruce, you're right. I know nothing, I have far less experience than you.

Last edited:
Offense taken! I am figuring I had the order shiped as Offroads stated a few posts ago there was one more order to ship and I got my tracking numbers after that. I am just stating my experiences. Whatever I post is not going to change the outcome of someone getting their laser delivered. I have purchased a good amount of lasers from China, but like usual, others with far less experience know more ,so I will keep my opinions and other things I contribute to the forum to myself in the future

The only thing i find odd is how come a few have arrived to some already, and like me it havent even moved anywhere out of customs? that to me makes no sense i just hope it wont be weeks or longer waiting for laser to arrive, i know long ago i bought a flashlight from a chinese store it took almost 2months to arrive regular mail but since this is dhl its weird the long delay. I think that if it was shipped with hongkongmail i would have the laser already.

Last edited:
@ zathras

Sorry i am just being realistic. But like stated earlier. Kevin has no control on what gets through customs. So it does not mather which order shipped first or last.

I will send an email now with the request for updates if that comforts you. I understand it takes longer then expected and it pisses you off but there is nothing i can do about it now.

Greetings,

Robin

Just as i posted this and send an email to kevin. I got one from kevin concerning you zathras. (The coincidence)

Read my PM.

I expect updates from others soon.

Robin

@ Brucemir, sorry you took offense, I wasn't trying to offend you.

@ Offroad, I don't blame anyone. I know it will be sorted out eventually.

Last edited:
Did the previous GBs use DHL as shipper too or i asume ? and what happend with Zathras lasers did customs reject them?

Last edited:
I spoke to DHL. It's not good. And it has "nothing" to do with my address. It's correct on the package.

PM incoming to Offroad & mortuus.

edit: It's funny, but if you go to Kevin's site now, it tells you NOT to request DHL or Fedex, but to ask for shipment by HK Post.

Last edited:
Ok so what now then.. im confused... What will happen with my laser i hope it goes back to laserbtb ? and maybe they can just ship the damn thing with hongkong post like before when i bought from them.

Last edited:
I spoke to DHL. It's not good. And it has "nothing" to do with my address. It's correct on the package.

PM incoming to Offroad & mortuus.

edit: It's funny, but if you go to Kevin's site now, it tells you NOT to request DHL or Fedex, but to ask for shipment by HK Post.

Ok so what now then.. im confused... What will happen with my laser i hope it goes back to laserbtb ? and maybe they can just ship the damn thing with hongkong post like before when i bought from them.

At everybody. Zathras had told me that Laserbtb has a problem with DHL right now. And the laser got sent back to kevin. I am not sure of this since kevin never told me anything about this so please relax untill i know more.

Either way your laser will come to you if they got sent back they will be reshipped.

Give me some time to communicate with kevin about this before even more conspiracy theories come to mind :p

Also be cool to each other :whistle: Were in a GB it should be a happy thing :p

Robin

Whatever happend or not i just hope he can fix this fast enough and not wait 2 more months or so.

I wasn't part of the GB, as the model I wanted wasn't in it, plus I didn't fully understand GBs. So I ordered from lasterbtb directly and was also impacted by the shipping fun. Luckily Kevin spotted the fun and shipped my order by Hongkong post instead and it arrived 6 days later (to the UK).

Timeline:
Ordered: Fri 19 Sep
Informed of delivery delays: Wed 24 Sep
Shipped: Thurs 25 Sep (via HongKong post)
Arrived in UK: Mon 29 Sep
Arrived: Wed 01 Oct