Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Auction: $100----500mW violet, 850mW blue, 250mW red, 2 sets of OEM goggles and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARG

One that I have become a fan of lately is USPS Money orders... ultimate seller protection. no risk of fraudulent disputes.

Gotta love money orders. That and Bitcoin. Never a problem with a trusted seller.

where are the 'I'm sorry I was wrong?' posts- I think what daguin had in mind was a public apology-as you guy had no probs with what you posted in the open forum.. like-wise the apology-- and shame on any who negged this new member. +5 to him-

hak

where are the 'I'm sorry I was wrong?' posts- I think what daguin had in mind was a public apology-as you guy had no probs with what you posted in the open forum.. like-wise the apology-- and shame on any who negged this new member. +5 to him-

hak

Way to plus rep a scammer.......guess you didn't see how he scammed the "winner"

Would +rep you if i could. Was my bad for misunderstanding the rules...Sorry bro :(

No need for public apologies. I'm sure nobody had malicious intent with what they posted and I'm not one for holding grudges.

Sounds better. Sad to see how you got off the wrong foot. Your 1st eleven posts are only in the BST section. Why not try an intro to make some friends at the Welcome page - HERE? Allow yourself a chance to get acquainted with the stickies and update your origin in your personal profile too.

and shame on any who negged this new member. +5 to him-

hak

Well he *thought he needed twenty posts, so he went and necroed a bunch of old threads to get his posts up. That is called cheating the system

That deserves negative rep, whether he needed the 20 or not...

*IMO

:beer:
-Matt

ARG

Not sure I have enough rep to voice my opinion lol

Go ahead.
Ignore the rep and speak freely. Rep will come and go, it's not a big deal. Don't let it hold you back from contributing.

Well he *thought he needed twenty posts, so he went and necroed a bunch of old threads to get his posts up. That is called cheating the system

That deserves negative rep, whether he needed the 20 or not...

Be that as it may I think you still owe him an apology for being mistaken about the rules and telling him he couldn't participate in the auction.

Krnaznboy i do feel bad for your situation but you were in the wrong IMHO. He hurried to make posts (that he didn't need) because you said he needed them.

Just apologize so attention can be paid to the more important issue.... the scam.

all kinds of abuse here- of the rep system, the min post count and the necroposting too- we have MODs here for making these kinds of calls- some of you came on like YOU were a mod--it certainly would have been better if any complaints about this were sent to a mod to make the call. looks like he just wanted to bid- not scam anybody.

He may have not known about the double posting- it happens ALL the time at other forums and while poor manners here, it is not a LAW that he broke-negging would have only been justified if the double posting continued- AFTER he was made aware--and something can be said along these same lines in regard to the necros. and 'fluff' posts he made to get the count up-

we may have very different definitions about the term 'scammer'.-- AND if I was wrong to +rep then you should have the same opinion about the reps from PED-daguin and others-this thread should be closed--

hk

I understand that I am new and all, but I HAVE read all the rules and stickies from the boards. :beer:

With that said, no one had an issue until a 'noob' commented to place a bid. I posted well before he did and had no where near 20 posts and no one said anything. All because I didn't bid, I assume. :undecided:

At first glance I really thought this was a friendly place to visit and become a part of. That vision has now been blurred due to the fact that the people who have been around longer don't seem to even understand the rules and stickies. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea for EVERYONE to take another glance through the stickies and board rules. :anyone: :gh: Just my 2 cents.

On another note, I am still happy to be here, regardless, and still look forward to all that can be learned. :D

IsaacT

Vivaldi, I apologize if my words seemed unwelcoming or banishing. A seller should be free to choose who to sell, or not sell to, and my opinion on the subject does not belong in another seller's thread. This has been a good reminder of that for me, and I hope you stick around and see what the inside of this town is like now that the well intended but misguided spears have been lowered.

Contact me without reservation if you ever need help or advice.
Sincerely,
Isaac

Wannaburnstuff said:
Anyone can post in a sales thread, but any seller would be foolish to sell to someone who only makes necroposts and doesnt put forth any effort to make themselves seem trusted. At the end of the day it is the seller's choice.

Last edited:
I really thought this was a friendly place to visit and become a part of.
I have quite a bit of fun reading old posts from like 2007-2010. so many people were very um lets just say "not nice". Looking back, it is fun to read about people flipping out over multimode diodes and how 1W lasers are too powerful for anyone to own and how all of our favorite wavelengths used to cost so much($599 for 671 in 2010 now $210)

Status
Not open for further replies.