Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ARCTIC HOST feeler! interested? READ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonga

Pontiac, that's a beautiful piece of work from what I can see. The forward clicky that I think you are referring to is actually the "Smart Switch" located in the finned section of the Arctic. The rear clicky switch turns on the laser and the forward clicky "Smart Switch" brings the laser on line and lets you toggle between modes. I believe the Arctic has 4 sections and the 2 middle sections are pressed together.
Do you have to press them together? If there is no battery indicator and just a forward clicky I don't see why you cannot just make it all screw together. But I'm not the builder here I don't know what all problems are encountered with something of this complex nature. Just my 2 cents.

csshih

jake: so you are running the GB: shipping, payment collection, support, etc?

Hey Pontiac, I think I remember reading in another thread that the Arctic is actually GLUED together with super glue! And one individual who rebuilt his, reassembled it using thermal adhesive. Maybe you could just machine the individual host components, ship them in pieces, and let the end user assemble it with the proper adhesive after all the '' guts " are installed? Again, your the man, so you know best!:beer:

jakeGT

jake: so you are running the GB: shipping, payment collection, support, etc?

Yes I am going to run it so when we get the price and everything worked out I will be the one sending Pontiac payments, receiving the hosts, and sending them to you all!

Jaxz

If it has side clicky, and depending on the price, I may be interested.

rhd

As long as it has a side clicky, I am in for one (presuming the price isn't crazy)

Pontiac, that's a beautiful piece of work from what I can see. The forward clicky that I think you are referring to is actually the "Smart Switch" located in the finned section of the Arctic. The rear clicky switch turns on the laser and the forward clicky "Smart Switch" brings the laser on line and lets you toggle between modes.

Forward and reverse clicky refers to the type of switch, not it's position. Forward clicky switches can do both momentary and constant on, reverse switches can only do constant on.

Last edited:
I can't be making both side and rear clickys to make everyone happy so this one is going to have to stay as a rear tail clicky.

Lordjet - I could leave the pieces apart but that would make a lot more trouble for me when I go to anodize them. The pieces that I would press together would in no way affect assembly of the laser.

These parts would likely be the parts that are pressed together...

Arctic-1.jpg

Tonga, Prototype explained the difference between a forward and reverse clicky rather well. Also, I could make a lot of parts thread together but that makes for a lot harder time when anodizing them. Plus, do you really need to be able to take some of the parts I highlighted in this picture apart? Pressing everything together will make things a lot simpler on my side which means a cheaper host in the end. Plus I think the host will be a lot more solid that way, better than a bunch of threaded parts coming loose. Better electrical contact too!

I'll try to get a firm price tomorrow, it might take a few days though...

jakeGT

That looks perfect to me Pontiac!! Let us know when u can with prices and how many need to be sold for you to do it ao I can update the OP and let everyone know. Then me and you can pm and I'll take the payments and send you the money and deal with shipping and everything so you don't have to.

Last edited:

Helios

bottom clickies make building the laser alot easier IMO. You simply wire the driver to the positive contact and then to ground.

rhd

That's too bad - side clickies are so much more interesting - and rare. If we're doing a custom host, why not go all the way?

I bet its going to look way better than the original- iirc the finish on the WL looked a little rough. I may want in- TY --Pontiac & Jake

hak

jakeGT

No problem! All my thanks goes to Pontiac for making them if qe get enough interest which were almost to 25, I will ad ur name to theintwrested list hak

Status
Not open for further replies.