Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone know what laser diode this is ? Possibly one of the mini arrays ?

The last test of a " 30W " is curious, is it one of the mini 4 chip arrays, maybe a 6 chip, or could it be some new single emitter ?

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I want the second and third diode so bad

I hope there's some new single emitters, but what's going into projectors now are these micro arrays which have short FL gang lenses because they are so close together, makes it hard to do much with them and with the shorter FL lenses the beams fan out into floodlight faster than the larger arrays.

They don't burn as far as the nubm arrays because the emitters are closer together which means they must use a shorter FL gang lens, so the beams turn to spotlight much sooner.

The beams look good to start but wash out at much shorter distance than the nubm arrays.

The last pic is with the gang lens removed, they still use the little reflectors, notice how close together the substrate stacks are.

SANY6885.JPG
SANY6892.JPG
SANY7144.JPG

Last edited:
The way those dies are packaged in there is magnificent! I don't have any desire to any long range burning with my array based lasers, I've fully accepted the limitations of their bad divergence, I just love their unrelenting power.

Are those little arrays wired in series internally or via traces on the base plate?

The way those dies are packaged in there is magnificent! I don't have any desire to any long range burning with my array based lasers, I've fully accepted the limitations of their bad divergence, I just love their unrelenting power.

Are those little arrays wired in series internally or via traces on the base plate?

No they're daisy chained in series.

Here's a quick video from my microscope because I was unable to snap a microscope pic for some reason.

You can see where the P/N junction is on the front facet in the reflectors when it overdrives the camera as little black spots, all the power comes through such a tiny spot and it's neat how the substrate stacks glow.

Now this I want! Would make a great super long throw flashlight......and it could burn stuff up close and who doesn't want that!?
You could put a lens in front of it and burn/cut some things pretty well, just not deep cuts.

4 and 5 diode units

---------

You can build your own from individual diodes and do better...... speaking of individual diodes I asked LPS ( laser pointer store's AI ) about that 33W blue the other day and after a day's messaging they said it's a single diode but they can't sell it.... could it be that new 13W unit over-driven ?

LPS: If we are unable to respond to your message in a timely manner, we will reply via email.

Me: What is the 30W blue laser diode in your 20W LPM video ?

LPS: It’s a self made laser.

Me: Is it one of the micro arrays or a single emitter ?
If it's one of the 4 diode micro arrays I already have those, but if you have single emitter doing 33W I will buy the diodes from you.

LPS: sorry sir the laser diode is not ours and it’s not open to sell.
As we know it’s a single diode.

Darktron

You could put a lens in front of it and burn/cut some things pretty well, just not deep cuts.

4 and 5 diode units

---------

You can build your own from individual diodes and do better...... speaking of individual diodes I asked LPS ( laser pointer store's AI ) about that 33W blue the other day and after a day's messaging they said it's a single diode but they can't sell it.... could it be that new 13W unit over-driven ?

LPS: If we are unable to respond to your message in a timely manner, we will reply via email.

Me: What is the 30W blue laser diode in your 20W LPM video ?

LPS: It’s a self made laser.

Me: Is it one of the micro arrays or a single emitter ?
If it's one of the 4 diode micro arrays I already have those, but if you have single emitter doing 33W I will buy the diodes from you.

LPS: sorry sir the laser diode is not ours and it’s not open to sell.
As we know it’s a single diode.
It could be same package but a model is not known public yet

I need to look at the newest projectors and see if one advertises some new mono-core light engine or something, hopefully it's an economy model.

Oh hell.................. As of June 2020, Casio no longer manufacturers projectors. Dam they were a main player.