Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone else like using lasers to eradicate spiders?

I can't be the only one, right? Just now an eight legged freak was dangling above me and I took great pleasure in gutting it with a 1.6W 445nm laser beam (Thanks Tinkertavernco!). Something about that snap-crackle-pop sound the fallen creepy creature makes followed by the small puff of smoke just makes me smile..

Sorry if this post comes across as a little sadistic, I just really **really** don't like spiders.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Back in my apartment dwelling days I ponted a keychain red at a spider on the ceiling. The little guy attacked the dot, and would chase it like a kitten.

kecked

7w 445nm was marketed for eradicating certain algae in aquariums. Sure hope they had protection as it’s reflected off the glass multiple times unpredictably. It does work however.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I actually like the spiders. I don't like those damn fruit flies though. At least spiders don't fly all up in your face. I dunno maybe it's because I like spiderman or maybe it's because of the properties of the webbing they create. I just like them.

I actually like the spiders. I don't like those damn fruit flies though. At least spiders don't fly all up in your face. I dunno maybe it's because I like spiderman or maybe it's because of the properties of the webbing they create. I just like them.
Fruit flies are really annoying - try a vinegar trap if you haven't! They fly in by the dozens when you do it correctly.

I can't be the only one, right? Just now an eight legged freak was dangling above me and I took great pleasure in gutting it with a 1.6W 445nm laser beam (Thanks Tinkertavernco!). Something about that snap-crackle-pop sound the fallen creepy creature makes followed by the small puff of smoke just makes me smile..

Sorry if this post comes across as a little sadistic, I just really **really** don't like spiders.
Realize that as icky as spiders appear they play a very important role in pest control inside your house.