Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Any Use Of IR Diodes Extracted From DVD Writers ?

mehra

Can someone please guide me about the IR diodes that I have extracted along with Red LDs from DVD writers ?? I have used up all the LDs but all the IRs are still lying unused. Any idea ? Udaimonium ? Bionic Badger ? Plz help me.:yabbem:

mehra

ok friends. 49 views and not a single suggestion. but finally i made a ir laser today. very well burning black plastic and brown matches. will try to upload video also.

I had a bunch of them lying around, and some day I took six of them (780nm 100ma) into its respective aixiz modules but without lenses and built a 3AAA IR flashlight for night vision shots. With the lenses on, it was a paint to align them all; so I simply took the lenses off. I ended giving it away to a friend.

mehra

I had a bunch of them lying around, and some day I took six of them (780nm 100ma) into its respective aixiz modules but without lenses and built a 3AAA IR flashlight for night vision shots. With the lenses on, it was a paint to align them all; so I simply took the lenses off. I ended giving it away to a friend.

good idea :yh: