Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

all sold!

Well, I got some more diodes for sale :) This time its a batch of 9mm diodes from another projector I tore down.
s8PIkkC.jpg

I already put one into a host for myself, and I am debating on keeping another. So, there will be either 14 or 15 total available.

Pricing
-$50 per bare diode
-5$ for pressing it into a copper module
-$2 for leads added to the diode

Shipping: 2$ will get your priority mail in the US for any amount of diodes. I used first class for my A140's, and while its dirt cheap, its just slow. No one complained, but I would rather charge a bit and end up paying what i did for first class, only get it to you in half the time :) International orders please contact me for further pricing.

Since these diodes didn't come from an LX60ST (the only projector that has the "good" lenses- the lenses in the holder attached to the diode), you will need to get a lens yourself. If you don't have any, get one of these: http://www.aixiz.com/store/product_info.php/products_id/461/osCsid/c2d8dafd1f5eaab5671f0e8ee4d64784 They perform nearly is not as well as the G series lenses at a fraction of the cost.

Due to the sensitive nature of laser diodes, there will be no returns. I'm sorry, but I can't assume responsibility for the buyer and how they handle/treat these diodes. Its hard to prove that the diode died of its own accord, and the buyer didn't just plug it right into a battery or something of the sort...

A140 diodes (2 left)
I have 2 of these lil' guys left for sale. 25$ per, or take both of them and a 9mm for 95$ total. Pics are in my other thread if you need them link.

PT-54 "Phlatlight" LED
I have a small handful of these. Some from the projectors I have torn down, others that I got at one point but haven't used.
2a24wHf.jpg

I have 4 reds and a blue-only have one red left. As you can probably see the red and blue don't have connectors. If you really want them (you can use the large solder pads by the die for power else wise) i think I have some with the one end stripped (stlil has the connector for the LED though).
To borrow DTR's pics:
VRfCYYG.jpg

p1018732f.jpg

Note these do not come with the heatsink and lens, the above pic is so you can see the pinout for the connector.
-8$ for the red (if you buy 2 of either the A140, 9mm, or a combo of the two I'll toss it in for free).

Thanks for looking :thanks:

Last edited:

Re: FS: 56$ 9mm 445 diodes + 445nm C6

Are these new or used diodes? If used how many hours

I am under the impression they are new. The lamp they came from came off a pallet (at an auction) of stuff that an acer-affiliated company used for repairs. But since it was the lamp only, theres no way to tell exactly how many hours/if any are on it.
If it makes you feel any better, I have tested all of them and they all work :)

Oh, forgot to add a mess of PT54 LED's I have. Will add those in a bit.

Last edited:

another "duh" worthy edit, i meant to type 55$ for the title but put 56$ (the heck kinda price is 56$!!!?!?!) :p
Wow I did it in the post also...guess that's what I get for making this late at night.

update: modules got here today :) gotta love DTR's quick shipping.

Last edited:

ped

Re: FS: 55$ 9mm 445 diodes + 445nm C6

I'll take 2 of the of the PT54's and the blue one.

Re: FS: 55$ 9mm 445 diodes + 445nm C6

I'll take 2 of the of the PT54's and the blue one.

Can do :beer: PM sent
2 red and the blue PT54's are spoken for. Have 3 reds left and everything else :)

Last edited:

Pman

Re: FS: 55$ 9mm diodes+C6 445+PT54 LED's

I'll take the working C-6. Have a safety conscious friend who will give me the $ for it. Gave him a set of my safety glasses.

Thanks,

Pete

Couldn't talk him out of paying me for the glasses so I can I'll pass it on for a PT-54 too:) Will give me something to play with for "free"

Last edited:
Re: FS: 55$ 9mm diodes+C6 445+PT54 LED's

C6 is sold, and theres only 1 red PT54 left. i will be adding a 1W pen, hopefully tomorrow... :D

Last edited:
Re: FS: 55$ 9mm diodes+PT54 LED's

The who what now? No idea what yer talkin aboot....send me a pm im curious :D

Pman

Kind of a bump to throw in a question. What are people doing with these LED's? Don't they need 36V or am I confused? My Variable DC goes up to 30V. Where did the lens come from in your pic?
AND, what's the magnet trick?!? If it's the one where you place a donut magnet before the lens to double the output I obviously already know it:D

Last edited:

Kind of a bump to throw in a question. What are people doing with these LED's? Don't they need 36V or am I confused? My Variable DC goes up to 30V. Where did the lens come from in your pic?
AND, what's the magnet trick?!? If it's the one where you place a donut magnet before the lens to double the output I obviously already know it:D

The Leds need around 8.1 Amps at along the lines of 2 - 3.5V ( depends on current / batch ) . Just treat it like a laser diode and run it from a CC source .

The leds have massive dies compared to normal leds , its still only one led though so the voltage drop is rather low ,

Last edited:

Thanks ion :) The lens in the pic is from the whole assembly that (some) projectors have. The lamp these diodes came from had the LED's mounted on a heatsink, and the lens was part of the lamp "body" if you will.