Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

All Gone = Closed

Re: FS: Temporary Hold on These Kryton Groove 445nm Lasers

Dave, Someone posted a picture where they took the switch apart, and added a wire so that the internal spring did not take all the current (and heat up)

Perhaps this is a good solution?

Last edited:

daguin

Dave, Someone posted a picture where they took the switch apart, and added a wire so that the internal spring did not take all the current (and heat up)

Perhaps this is a good solution?

Yeah. That is Anselm. I am working with him on these.

I also just ordered some potential alternatives to check out.

The way that these switches failed, mimicked the symptoms of an overheating driver. It drove me batshiite for awhile.

Now that we have the actual cause identified, it shouldn't be too long before we have a workable fix.

Peace,
dave

I ordered one from anselm also AND awaiting verdict on a better switch.

Apparently, I haven't read far enough in this forum to know that you were selling these...I would much rather have bought this than the Arctic thats on its way =(

Last edited:

I just received my Kryton with modifications from Dave. I have used it pre and post surgery and it performs beyond my expectations. With a new handsome Click'y and Krytons direct press heat sink , 4-5 min cycles are easily attainable. I did run it past 4 min and the head was a tad warm. The lens adjuster is thick and works well as a heat sink component in itself.

Big thanks to Dave, and the folks that put many hours into troubleshooting and perfecting a near perfect build.

I'm glad to have one in my collection.

Last edited:

Got my switch from Anselm. So far so good. No issues yet with new switch, but i need to test for longer cycles.

But for the moment, IMHO, this appears to solve the problem in the Kryton Grooves.

daguin

Re: FS: Kryton Groove 445nm Lasers

5/20/11 -- The switch issue has been solved. These are available again

Peace,
dave

just a question do you offer the 445nm Kryton groove with the 405-G-1 lens installed?:thanks:

Last edited by a moderator:

daguin

just a question do you offer the 445nm Kryton groove with the 405-G-1 lens installed?:thanks:

I do not carry the 405-G-1 lens. You can get one from Jayrob. He ships fast.

Swapping them out is VERY easy. It is basically just unscrewing one and screwing the other back in its place.

Peace,
dave

I'm REALLY glad this problem was discovered Dave. I've ran into this a few times on other builds and it's frustrating not being able to figure out what's wrong.

thanks Dave paypal sent can't wait to get my new toy
:lasergun:

thanks Dave for shipping so fast cant wait to try out the laser i just got it today in the mail but there was no instructions with the laser and i dont want to put the battery in the wrong way so i am asking witch way do i put the battery in my kryton groove 405nm laser ?

thanks for the help jayrob

loving the new laser ,,put it on my lpm (2.5w usb laserbee) with a 120 second burn she peeked at 538mw ,,i could not be happier thanks Dave

Last edited:

SOG

Dave, I got mine today. This is a great piece! Very well built & this host seems to be exceptional at heat sinking.

I have a question for you on the battery. I have several AW R18650 2600mah batteries. I assume they're the same as the battery that you sent with the Kryton Groove, but my multimeter shows they have a 4.1V charge while the red 18650 you sent measures 3.8v. Its a nominal voltage difference, but I want to be sure if I use my batts that they won't hurt this sweet laser.

Thanks!

I thought for 18650, or lithium battery, at it's depleted state it's about 3.7-3.8v, and full charged it's about 4.2v ?

(well of course you can deplete it more, or charge the voltage higher, but it lower the charge cycles of the battery, so operation outside of this range could damage The battery itself)

Thanks Dave I'm loving the new 445nm kryton groove ,,,thanks for the special set up,,the laser peeks out at 1223mW with the normal lens ,,with the 405-g-1 len i did test it and it peeked out at 1527mW,,i will be using the laser with the normal lens as i like the thicker beam,,but with the 405-g-1 lens its a crazy burner as you can focus the beam much smaller using the 405 lens Thanks again Dave:worthy:

Last edited:

FNAL

Can you ship to FPO's through the USPS? I am currently deployed and I broke my 75mw 532 a few months back and I've been itching to get another laser. It's awesome what google can find! Do you accept paypal?