Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Adding an Embed Youtube Button

Would you like an "Embed Youtube Button" in the format bar?

• Yes if possible it would be helpful

Votes: 24 100.0%
  • No it would not be useful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Helios

I started a thread on this here

http://laserpointerforums.com/f59/embed-youtube-button-65690.html

I dont know if this is a difficult thing to do but if its not would you guys like to see an Embed Youtube Button that would automatically insert the [*yt]insert copied digits[*/yt] tags for you just like the insert image button? This button could be placed in place of the insert email tags button as suggested by laserbee since it is almost never used.

Again I dont know if C0ld can do this but in the event he can would you guys like this function?

This would be a welcomed addition to LPF.
It would also be nice to be able to embed videos from alternative sites other then youtube.

Agree about embedding videos from alternate sites. It has the potential for "abuse" though, admittedly I tend to do this a lot, maybe too much (?)

IF this were considered, I would vote to add Hulu dot Com as the next one (if this can be done, I don't know, maybe Hulu is coded not to allow it).

I love this documentary from Hulu, EVERYONE should watch it and learn more about Giraffes:
Hulu - Saturday Night Live: SNL Digital Short: Giraffes!

Adding youtube buttons... (shrug) I have no problem with manualling adding the yt tags.

There are times when we add convenience and labor-saving things to an excessive amount. Robots and A.I.s might just take over the world, yet. All hail Colossus, The Forbin Project!

However, IF embedding from multiple alternative video sites is done, THEN adding buttons for different services becomes more useful.

Helios

There are times when we add convenience and labor-saving things to an excessive amount. Robots and A.I.s might just take over the world, yet. All hail Colossus, The Forbin Project!

I dont think we are quite to the point of creating a race of humanoid robots with this suggestion...:tinfoil:

However, IF embedding from multiple alternative video sites is done, THEN adding buttons for different services becomes more useful.

I suggest youtube only because the majority of videos posted are from that site and I know there are specific tags available for embedding the code.

Helios

I hope we can get a few more to weigh in before the poll closes on the 4th. Then I will email the link to C0ld if he hasnt already seen it.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
this is a good idea but to be honest not exactly sure how to implement it

i'm going to ask Dr.Laser who made the darkshadows layout if he has any idea how to add this

Helios

this is a good idea but to be honest not exactly sure how to implement it

i'm going to ask Dr.Laser who made the darkshadows layout if he has any idea how to add this

Yeah I didnt know if it was even an option but if it was doable I think it would be nice and it looks like other do too.

:thanks:

Just wondering,
places like youtube, tinypic and vimeo give you embedded links for forums when you upload. Shouldn't those work here at LPF?

Helios

Nope just tried it and got this message - It wont even let you post the code.

This page has been blocked by FireHost Website Protection.
Please email and provide the following information such that we may investigate and resolve this blocked action.

Session ID:
Event ID:
Realm:
URL:
Source IP:
RNTXCO03
http://laserpointerforums.com/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=65700
N/A

Last edited:

Helios

I apologize for the double post but does anyone notice anything new??? :D

Testing: [YT=]t32ttbitMj8[/YT]

It looks like the code is being inserted in the wrong area but that should be a quick fix.

Last edited:

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
should be working now