Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A goodbye with sadness from Kenom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenom

WOOOOHOOOOO.. job openings here:
FLIR Jobs
some basic entry level positions and they are right up my alley.

can search them in united states, bozeman, mt

"WITH GOD, ALL THING ARE POSSIBLE" Just ask & ye shall receive !!!! rob

GOOD LUCK KEN

Nooooo

I can't go back to being the only Montanan on this forum. Jobs are hard to get in this state for technical minded people like us Ken. I went through 9 computer repair jobs in 10 years here. all 9 shops went out of business. I was going nowhere and it finally got to me. I was either going to sink into deeper and deeper depression or go where the jobs were and start over. It came with a personal cost but I moved to Boise and everything started turning around. Now 5 years later I am back and with a great job that I can work from anywhere. I'm only saying this as encouragement in that life has upturns as well as down. Hang in there and trust your gut. Your one of the good guys who wants to make a better life for you and your kids. An up turn is coming so don't stop looking for it. Missing this education opportunity isn't the end, another opportunity will follow and another after that.

Good Luck,

-Ryan

Seany

I know i'm still new here and pretty much just down to lurking for infor etc but damn i'm sorry to hear this. Really hope you get things sorted for you and your kids.

Still having seen some of your products i'm sure you're a rescoursefull chap and shall get all sorted :)

Try not to let depression kick in too much. I tend to do that and things go the wrong way. Turn depression into motivation or anger. they're easier to use to drive you to sort things out. At least that's what i have done. And i'm now on a strict diet to lose weight and almost finished at a long-ass course in IT. and have been working as a PC tech part time for 2 and a half years and they've told me i can be full-time when i leave college. First good thing in my life so far.

Anyway I hope you get things sorted soon

<3

-Sean

sorry to hear about this kenom.

who ever is leaving the tags can go fuck themselves with a 15" dildo.

um... wow... i'm not a very active member but i have been browsing the forums for a while you always had something to say and contribute. i wish you the best of luck you deserve every bit of it

I'm really sorry to hear about this; from all the posts you've made on the forum you're one of the best contributors here.
Best of luck and I'm sure you'll find yourself back in your feet soon.

WOOOOHOOOOO.. job openings here:
FLIR Jobs
some basic entry level positions and they are right up my alley.

can search them in united states, bozeman, mt

Hey Kenom....

How's the Job hunting going...

What type of job are you looking for or better still... what
type of job are you qualified for or have had in the past
that you were good at... (usually when you're good at
a Job it's b/c you like it)
The reason for asking is that maybe someone knows of a
good job in your area..
When I was younger and on the Job Market most of the
jobs I got were through word of mouth contacts not the
Newspaper listings... back then there was no internet job
hunting available...:cool:

Good luck with your Job search..

Jerry

Last edited:

Kenom

Heh, my life is riddled with bad choices, bad jobs (food services, and cashiering) so I have no job skills. This was the whole reason for going to school was so that I could grow some. LOL. Sooo that being said, I'm in direct competition with all the high school students in this town for jobs. I've done customer service a lot and once was a supervisor at an auto parts store (although I'm not mechanically knowlegable)

In the United states your credit history (credit worthiness) and criminal history is as much a determining factor in hireability as your work history. Made a lot of bad choices in those arenas as well so I really have to work to prove that I'm a valuable employee with a good work ethic...etc blah,blah..

Last edited:
I hope you are going for the jobs that are on FLIR. You could play up your participation and contribution here on LPF, showing your skills in this area. You do have the skills for some of those jobs. You just need to show them that you do. There are resume formats out there that are skill based more than job history based. Find one of those and put your best foot forward. Still show your history as it shows you are a worker willing to do what is needed. No job you have done is ever a negative. Being a cashier shows you can handle responsibility. Food service shows you handle time sensitive production. Both those jobs show you can work with the public. Put all experience out there in ways that highlight your reusable skills in ways that help them see how they can leverage those skills to benefit there Co.

If that gets you an interview, Do you homework. Make sure you have questions that show an interest in them and what they do.

Last but not least make sure you ask for the job at the end. Say something like "I think this position is a good match for me, When will you be making your decision?" They don't know how your side of the interview went. Maybe you don't want that job now that you talked with them. If you are interested make sure you say something that lets them know that.

Just some tips from the many Job hunts I have done in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.