Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

8x BR DIODES

"All 8x Owners"datasheet updated with the entrance of GoldenDragon!

Happy New Year! :friend:

jayrob

He came by last night and we tested the power with my meter...

Tim has one 'HOT' diode there. (12X)

I like that you are putting 12X diodes in your graph too. (easy comparison) You should edit the title of your thread to say '8X and 12X BR DIODES'...

Last edited:
He came by last night and we tested the power with my meter...

Tim has one 'HOT' diode there. (12X)

I like that you are putting 12X diodes in your graph too. You should edit the title of your thread to say '8X and 12X BR DIODES'...

Hi Jay, happy new Year :yh:! The first time I get data relevant to a BDR-205 (it was Dec, 2) I wrote a message to Dave, proposing a 12x datasheet. He answered me to be not sure that these 12x are different than the 8x: this is the reason why I'm adding them in the 8x list for now. But if Senior Members agree, I'll be happy to open a new "12x BR DIODES" datasheet. Or, as you're suggesting, I can change the title of the thread (it is possible?) and add a box in the Owners' datasheet specifying if each diode is a 8x or 12x....

jayrob

You might as well, because they are being sold as a 12X, and the latest news is that they indeed seem to be a different diode...

But either way, since they are sold as a 12X, it makes sense to list them as 12X's.

If you decide to just change the name of the thread. It works now. When you hit 'edit', just click the 'advanced' tab. Then you can edit the title of the thread! :cool:

jayrob

You might as well, because they are being sold as a 12X, and the latest news is that they indeed seem to be a different diode...

But either way, since they are sold as a 12X, it makes sense to list them as 12X's.

If you decide to just change the name of the thread. It works now. When you hit 'edit', just click the ' Go advanced' tab. Then you can edit the title of the thread! :cool:

Oh, wow Jay, still awake? (I think it's more than half past one in the morning, in CA).
Ok, I should prefer to open a "12x BR DIODES" new thread, as the actual 8x looks crowded and it will increase, as now I have to add another new 8x made by yobresal....

jayrob

I guess it is about time to turn in...

I got going on a new project and pretty much got it finished. Just some switch mounting for tomorrow.

But I never realized how cool a Star Trek phaser mod is! I have a 140mW green module in there with a nice heatsink and it is pretty sweet!

I guess it is about time to turn in...

I got going on a new project and pretty much got it finished. Just some switch mounting for tomorrow.

But I never realized how cool a Star Trek phaser mod is! I have a 140mW green module in there with a nice heatsink and it is pretty sweet!

Mmmm, waiting for some nice picts... tomorrow!:beer:

jayrob

I'll post a little tutorial on my modification style of the Star Trek phaser...

It really turned out nice. I can't believe how much more enjoyment it adds to a laser by having it in a gun. Plus the cool sound effects and all...

Jay: wow, the "Star Trek" phaser looks gorgeous! :gj: To be proposed for the next TV movies serie..... and to all Star Trek aficionados, of course....:D

Datasheets: "All 8x Owners" datasheet updated with the entrance of the second product of yobresal, while GoldenDragon and Quisp 12x have moved in the new dedicated thread.

jayrob

:thanks:

I just ordered a 12X for my next one. :D

So I guess I will be giving you the details for your new 12X thread...

I will be running it at a fairly conservative setting. Maybe 320mA's. That should put me well over 400mW's. We shall see... :cool:

With Yobresal's additional 8X power results ...

the models utilizing my lens assembly,

are averaging over 501 mw.

My conservative 441mw @ 350ma was the lowest.

Good work, guys.

And now the 12X's are dropping under $200.

LarryDFW

Last edited:
I do enjoy the additional output that your and Jayrob's lenses provide but at the same time I really wish they appearance of the spot would be as nice as the Aixiz 405 glass lens. Do you think there is any possibilty of a similar high efficiency lens with a nice clean spot coming out soon? or is that something that is inherent with the process of achieving high efficeincy output?