Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

6x 200mW Kryton

WRM

Was your paypal payment funded with a credit card? If so, then the credit card company will pull the charge for you. I've successfully done it with two attempts to scam me; and it works. If the transaction was funded with your bank account or money that was already in the account, then you are probably SOL. This is probably a good time to remind everyone that you should fund all Paypal transactions with a credit card. Then, you will always have recourse; and Paypal would have to eat the $120 shortage when they raided his account. Hope this helps. Bill

Was your paypal payment funded with a credit card? If so, then the credit card company will pull the charge for you. I've successfully done it with two attempts to scam me; and it works. If the transaction was funded with your bank account or money that was already in the account, then you are probably SOL. This is probably a good time to remind everyone that you should fund all Paypal transactions with a credit card. Then, you will always have recourse; and Paypal would have to eat the $120 shortage when they raided his account. Hope this helps. Bill

That's some good information. Yea I have mine funded from my bank account, so...

Really? I believe it is time for me to now put my credit card on my Paypal as well. This is good information to know.

WRM

Bryce,
If you know this guy's name and city or state, I can probably locate him for you. My company does this for attorneys and law enforcement all day. We also work many fraud cases, which is why I am well versed in the Fair Credit Billing Act. I've had two people (ironically both from Belgium) try to sell me fake art through ebay. Each time I filed a dispute with the credit card company and the charges were reversed. This works for unreceived merchandise, broken merchandise, counterfeit merchandise, lemon products, auto repairs gone awry, and many other situations. You might as well make use of credit card services, especially if you pay them interest on a balance. Also in the past, Paypal would try to weasel out of credit card disputes by saying that they were not the payee, just the agent or "middle man". This did not last long as the credit card companies became wise and determined that Paypal used this to hide behind, therefore indemnifying them from any financial liability. I'm not certain who is a bigger scammer, the thief or Paypal. Sorry for the long post; but one day this may help. Bill

Bryce,
If you know this guy's name and city or state, I can probably locate him for you. My company does this for attorneys and law enforcement all day. We also work many fraud cases, which is why I am well versed in the Fair Credit Billing Act. I've had two people (ironically both from Belgium) try to sell me fake art through ebay. Each time I filed a dispute with the credit card company and the charges were reversed. This works for unreceived merchandise, broken merchandise, counterfeit merchandise, lemon products, auto repairs gone awry, and many other situations. You might as well make use of credit card services, especially if you pay them interest on a balance. Also in the past, Paypal would try to weasel out of credit card disputes by saying that they were not the payee, just the agent or "middle man". This did not last long as the credit card companies became wise and determined that Paypal used this to hide behind, therefore indemnifying them from any financial liability. I'm not certain who is a bigger scammer, the thief or Paypal. Sorry for the long post; but one day this may help. Bill

This is very useful information. Thank you. Does it matter which credit card company you choose? I was thinking about opening a Visa credit line with my bank. I'll try to get his address and I'll PM you.

WRM

I notice that some credit cards issuers make it easier than others; but the Fair Credit Billing Act is federal legislation and it applies to all US issued credit cards. I would assume that there are similar laws outside the US that apply to credit cards also; but this is US specific. Bill

I ordered some screwdriver from a terrible company called EliteXtreme, and they sent out the wrong one. With the cost of the shipping being more than the cost of the item I could not get them to agree to pay for return shipping if they wanted it back for THEIR error. After many emails they started flat out ignoring my emails and support tickets. So I got on the line with my bank and they reversed the charge. Later I found out just how bad they were through ResellerRatings.com, so I hope they got hit with a huge chargeback fee for their awful service. That company even had some unenforcable notice that they'll bill you for any chargebacks they receive. Even if they tried it I'd have the CC company cancel that charge as well!

So always buy with your credit cards (not check cards!) so you can take it up with your credit card company if something goes haywire.

I got my money back today. He ended up adding money to his account to be sent to me. I'm so happy! I actually was never expecting to get it back. And I also got my wicked lasers review unit today, and it's also my Birthday! Good day all around!

daguin

I got my money back today. He ended up adding money to his account to be sent to me. I'm so happy! I actually was never expecting to get it back. And I also got my wicked lasers review unit today, and it's also my Birthday! Good day all around!

It is a good day to be you :san:

Peace,
dave

Happy Birthday, and congratulations on getting your $ back, from the failed buy.
Now all you have to do is find another Kryton to get. I know how much you were looking forward to this one.