Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Re: O-like 400mw green - $214 (hitting 600mw) - Review

I understood that, but considering that this is a newer version, I kind of expected it to act the same or better.

I know I expect 2011 cars to act better than 1989 cars ;) - at least in most criteria.

hmmm , rayfoss offers a 300mw version ... it looks the same as in the video

www.rayfoss.com

All this guessing, I would kill for an LPM :gun: I want to test my lasers badly, but just can't afford to do it with tax payment coming up so soon :(

Only one in my price range right now is the radiant alpha, and as usual it's out of stock.

O-Like offers a 6 months warranty though, so hopefully someone will be able to measure lasers from this batch... doesn't make me feel any better since the one Ricochet has clearly burns better than mine. Susie told me if the laser is under spec they will replace it, minus the shipping cost back to them.

If anyone is within 1-2 hours of NYC with an lpm, I'd really appreciate the chance to measure my lasers :)

It's surprising that one of these companies hasn't caught onto this niche market... LPM o-like sells is great, but at $700, just too much. $200 is the critical price point imo.

@snoutke - It is the same number as when I posted last night.

All this guessing, I would kill for an LPM :gun: I want to test my lasers badly, but just can't afford to do it with tax payment coming up so soon :(

Only one in my price range right now is the radiant alpha, and as usual it's out of stock.

According to MarioMaster (the manufacturer of these radiant alphas), more will be coming soon.

Look here (post #30)

:)

@Plexus

I see the problem. Focused or not matters a lot. And it seems like several ppl are strugling getting theirs to a good focal point. I have found an easy and quick method with mine so the next video is shot with targets at the focused part of the beam.
In complete darkness.

I would say that it performs similarly to the old version with the twisting tool. Unfortunately I had only one match but it was red, not black..

Does it seem up to spec, in your opinion?

Last edited:

@snoutke - I even PMed him about pre-ordering, but alas no reply yet :(

Seeing how fast they sell out, I'm kind of pessimistic about my chances of grabbing one. I mean even with my insomnia, I do have to sleep sometimes :(

@InfinitusEquitas - I PMed him also in that regard, asking for a possibility to reserve one for me. Here is his reply:

"Thanks for your interest in the power meters, and I'm making a large effort to make sure they will become more available. I'm working on getting someone to assist me with assembly as my current situation with school and trying to find an internship for the summer, I just can't devote as much time as I'd like to. I will be posting updates in my main announcement thread as stuff develops.

As for reserving a meter, it's all just first-come, first-serve whenever new stock is available to make it fair for all buyers".

So he wants to be fair, and therefore you'll have to stay awake all night long if you want to grab one.
:tired:

Re: O-like 400mw green - Review

Well i got mine today and the batt is full and it's mega mega bright with the IR lense on hmm looks perfect as a <350 mW should lase.
Right now it's day light 14:10 and i already notice that it lids up my bedroom with green light.

This phone is crap ,old 5 mpix samsung, the dot even unfocused is terrible bright!!! not even funny anymore.
I'm happy.

Last edited:

^ Looks like it performs similarly to mine..

What are the burning abilities at 2M (6.5ft) or so?

plus minus 2 sec , i moved the dot just a tiny lil bit.

btw. the laser is still cold ~18.Celcius ,and it comes out a slight angle aswel lol ( i don't mind )

Last edited:

I'm assuming there was some smoke in that last video :)

Looks like it burns quicker than mine.. Weird.

Ehmm the 3.7 V batt after i measure is 3.88 volt source voltage.

Earlier i saw some one wrote that when the batt is full the source voltage is 4.11 volt?

So my batt is not even fully charged ?

( i don't know to much about batteries )

I'm assuming there was some smoke in that last video :)
Well I do smoke on my bedroom but in that video i probably smoked 1 sig cause i just came home and pom pom package, so i had no time to smoke. But i did smoke but not really like that the air in my bedroom air was polluted.

DAST

So, mine arrived yesterday. It came in a small package together with the microcharger and a flat headed Ultrafire 2400, which does not give a well contact because of the flat head. So I exchanged for another 18650 from my shelf and everything is all right. I was afright I will get the big coffer which o-like shows in their pictures, but luckily it arrived without that.

LPM: at distance of 3 meters instantly about 285mW, raising until 330mW after 1 Minute.
Then after 1 Minute the output drops to 300mW, then continues dropping. 3 Minutes: 270mW, 4 Minutes: 260mW. Of course I know the duty cycle of 1 Minute.;)

If I measure directly at aperture, the output is only some mW higher.

Room temperature was 22 degree celsius.

I will do another measuring with a freshly charged battery which I don´t have at hand now.

I am quite satisfied with this little thing, its just perfect (strong enough, relatively clean beam, really cool host)

By the way: This pointer screams for gogles! (which I have of course)
By the way2: There was no instruction which way to insert the battery. The plus side belongs to the tailcap.

Have fun!

ped

Ok mines ordered and i'll do a review when it gets here . I'll plot it with my kenometer PRO for IR ect.