Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

574nm 36 mW Yellow Laser

actually he doesen't have a listing i just messaged him and asked if he has 2 different wavelength lasers at 565 and 575 and he said yes but informed me that will be both around 20mw,i don't mind that so we had a deal.

Messaged him as well, said he can produce the 575 units.

These are what I just recieved yesterday, https://wholesaler.alibaba.com/prod...yellow-laser-outdoor-holiday_60746019584.html
Labled and invoiced as "Y30, 565nm Module".

After his reply, I found these listed, https://wholesaler.alibaba.com/prod...cient-garden-laser-animation_60746590781.html

Listed as "Y30 P575".

So it looks like there are two different ones for sale now. These 575's were not listed back on May 25th when I ordered, or I would have got one of each! Oh well, have to make another order.

Is there that much of a difference between 565 and 575? Like I said, mine have just a slight green to them, unless its next to 520 or 532, then the green tinge is not apparent.

I can tell you, the OPT laser 575nm units are pure yellow with no green in them at all. This is different than the 565nm ones that do have some green in with the yellow. I am very pleased to have the 575nm one that actually measures 574nm and has a beautiful lemon yellow color. My beam is quite visible in a lit room at 36 mW. These lasers with driver cost $30.00 each and can come shipped DHL Express getting it to you in anywhere from two days to four days.

Also, you may have had trouble finding these 575nm laser before 5/25, but I bought mine on 5/18, so they have been available longer than that. I first heard about them in early May.

Last edited:
I would contact Freeman directly. His email address is: fb@optlaser.com. I bought mine through him and I heard from him only yesterday and they are still available. Now, I can't say that the price will remain $30.00 forever as the more popular these become, the more the Chinese will feel like charging for them.

btw this driver looks like linear which is used alot from chinese lasers.if it was a buck it should draw much less than 500ma at 12v to convert it to 1,5-2v

I know the thread is long, but it's already been stated this is a switchmode buck voltage regulator followed by a linear current regulator

I would contact Freeman directly. His email address is: fb@optlaser.com. I bought mine through him and I heard from him only yesterday and they are still available. Now, I can't say that the price will remain $30.00 forever as the more popular these become, the more the Chinese will feel like charging for them.

Ok thanks, I shot him a message. I am surprised these are not on ebay yet.

I guess OPT Laser doesn't do eBay. I think they are the sole source of these lasers at the moment as all of them are Chinese in origin and the drivers from both sources we have are also the same. I have no doubt that we will find other suppliers eventually. But, I wouldn't expect the price to go down any more from the competition. In fact, I expect it to go up.

I did not think that someday, in addition to the rubber duck collection, the laser collective madness would take me over ... but you've got me so far ...

This is worth some rep .... later than .... i am not allowed to do it now ....

Last edited:
:crackup: You can't hang around here without getting bit by the laser bug, chloderic. It causes sudden disappearances of your disposable money with a hording of lasers of all wavelengths and powers.

Yes, got a reply from him and his associate last night, 575's are available, waiting for a quote for 2 with combined shipping this time, $80 shipping for the last 2 and they came in the same box!

On a side note, what are those of you with these units using for saftey glasses? My EP 1's stop at 540, I was doing some testing last night on the units I have and the dot at about 6 feet in the dark is quite piercing. My EP 1's only blocked about 10% or less. This will even more important if the higher power units become available.

I saw that Eagle Pair has a set, EP 11's, EP-11-Beijing EagleView
close to this WL.

Found these as well, https://www.amazon.com/Freezing-Rem...&sr=8-19&keywords=laser+safety+glasses+yellow

Also these, https://www.survivallaserusa.com/Ea...m_Laser_Safety_Goggles/p1667092_12825348.aspx

Opinions on these?

Last edited:
I just don't like the looks of the pair on amazon, I do like the ones at survival laser, but that's a personal preference, looking closely, both are marked for wavelength and OD, so I think either are ok. Personally, for a lab laser I'm not carrying around, or pointing at this or that, I don't use safety glasses with these 577 nm modules myself, they are so weak to begin with and I don't want to look at the spot to see what it really is. That's not GOOD advice, just saying my own, but I'm not pointing at anything where I'd get shined back and the laser is mounted solid where it can't move when using it.

kecked

Ok so I finally got to put a real driver on the yellow. It runs just fine on 5v even 3v bt the driver is not happy. Threshold is near 1.4amps! what is the right current for this thing? Picked 1.5amp as a guess. Also the driver gets hot too. I guess passing 5-10W continuous is just a lot of heat. Needs a good heat sink. Once done it stayed cool. I also have a dual driver so I used the other side for the fan. Why not as it was wasted otherwise.

Next I do the modulation testing in a projector. Can't wait to see that white.

If you are using another driver, don't forget to power the fan on the head too. You will likely lose your laser if you don't. Mine runs at 10.5 volts, but it is likely just a 12 volt fan, so.....

CONGRATULATIONS to chloderic for having 1+ million positive rep points. I would normally do this in the vet's section, but he would never see it there. :D

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Ok thanks, I shot him a message. I am surprised these are not on ebay yet.

Well, after watching this thread and drooling for the last two weeks, I also finally sent Freeman an email regarding the 575nm version; I haven't heard back yet, since it's the weekend, but hopefully they're still in stock, and the price hasn't changed, at least not too much! :yh: