Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

*445nm lasers* !GB-Closed!

Re: *445nm lasers* !diodes 38.50$!

I think we'll all agree that kiyoukan deserves rep points when our diodes arrive.

rev0

So can we agree that folding some aluminum foil over the pink bags is fine? From the video feed last night, he's already got them in pink bags and has the leads shorted. That ought to be plenty already, but I'm sure some extra al-foil will make people a little more comfortable.

If the leads are shorted nothing else is necessary. The pink bag would even be unnecessary then, you could just throw it in a ziplock if you were so inclined.

If the leads are shorted nothing else is necessary. The pink bag would even be unnecessary then, you could just throw it in a ziplock if you were so inclined.

I'd entirely agree for most diodes, but since this one is isolated from its case there is a chance of a discharge occurring between the case and the diode chip. I wouldn't wave it around a Van De Graaff generator anyway :D

Grounding the tip is very easy with a spade connector and a long flexible wire connected to the radiator or other ground point.
0dec2af2.jpg

378791bd.jpg

I allays check the continuity before soldering any ESD sensitive components in case the tip as built up any oxidation.

thats what i did.
I was very surprised to find it that simple to ground them out just like that.
also um i got to get handle on this bidding thing my vaca set me back a bit. i have lots of parts optics and mirrors a whole bunch of stuff.
If you will pay shipping i will let it be yours.
Also i completely dissembled one projector and left one intact i think the highest bid was 52 plus shipping any one want to bid higher?

$55 for whole projector (if the intact one still has its combining optics/dichroic filters)

Any idea when bidding will end?

well i can ship the lasers then ship this stuff separately.
so we can set a date but i think the latest i would want is Monday i want all this stuff in the mail and out of my mind asap.

If you want it all done & out of your mind asap you could end bidding much sooner then monday. Totally up to you. Could end tonight at midnight or anytime.

How much does the projector weight & the size of the box it came in? I would like to look up shipping for it.
Might as well repack it into the original box to mail it.

i dont have any way to weigh it.

I found the weight. Original box seems a bit big. Is it?
Shipping looks like ~$12 usps Parcel Post.

Let us know when the bidding will end.

So when will the diodes ship out ?

On a separate note: I got to watch most of the disassembly of one of the projectors
last night it was awesome to watch. But I wonder are these lasers the same shade of blue in real life as they are on camera ? :thinking: On yet another note ,though I believe this question may have been asked before, are there any culminating optics included with each diode or do I have to buy those separate?

So when will the diodes ship out ?

On a separate note: I got to watch most of the disassembly of one of the projectors
last night it was awesome to watch. But I wonder are these lasers the same shade of blue in real life as they are on camera ? :thinking: On yet another note ,though I believe this question may have been asked before, are there any culminating optics included with each diode or do I have to buy those separate?

the optics from the projectors are useless for pointer purposes, you should at least get a coated aixis glass lens, the acrylic lens will melt and ruin your diode

Great more expenses. Btw why would a laser that is far too hot for them have plastic optics in the first place? Regardless of their being plastic I would still like to have a set of collimating optics for use with lower power lasers that need a new set.

The lenses have a huge amount splash. So once again, they are worthless for our needs.