Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

*445nm lasers* !GB-Closed!

Re: *445nm lasers* !arrays 550$ and diodes 35$!

Seeing as difficult as it was to round up payments the first time, I think it would be a lot of hassle (and a lot of extra time) to round up everyone again and make additional payments. We'll see what happens and await updates, not much more to do.

What we need to do is contact everyone who paid and ask "Would you be willing to pay $X.xx more soon?"
Explain what happened and that more money is needed to ship the parts oce we receive them.
Once we know who is "in" "out" or "undecided" then we can decide on a course of action.
Until we know everyone's willingness to stick with the GB the best decision cannot be made.

I wouldn't mind undertaking this work of PMing all the buyers and collecting/reporting the responses to kiyoukan or here.
All I would need is kiyoukan's list of who paid for items, what items they got, how much they paid, and how much needs added to orders.
I'm guessing about +18% regardless of order amount because the new array price may be $650 (versus $550)
I would not need any personal information ro other compromising/private information.

I wouldn't mind undertaking this work of PMing all the buyers and collecting/reporting the responses to kiyoukan or here.
All I would need is kiyoukan's list of who paid for items, what items they got, how much they paid, and how much needs added to orders.
I'm guessing about +18% regardless of order amount because the new array price may be $650 (versus $550)
I would not need any personal information ro other compromising/private information.

If you were better known around here fine, but your not. I dont want any of my information going to anyone I dont know. Sorry, but those are the facts.

daguin

If they paid money, they should be keeping track of this thread. Once Kiyoukan makes an announcement, then we can respond. If someone doesn't respond then only they will need personal contact.

If you are fairly new to this process, Group Buys often take much more time than first expected.

Peace,
dave

If you are fairly new to this process, Group Buys often take much more time than first expected.

Peace,
dave

Especially when people commit to a (SW-AF) group buy then completely ignore it when payment is due! :scowl:

Something will happen eventually, a public posted thread first then PM's would work fine just as Dave has suggested.

Between the self-appointed laser police who ran off and begged Casio (and others) to do something about these diodes, and the media blabbing on about light sabres, death rays and any other unfortunate terminology they could think of, I don't know who to blame for this anymore.. It was a clusterf*ck from the very start. *shakes head*

Yeah... well I just canceled my Arctic order from WL...
I can't do business when I'm told something before paying
and after paying it is another story... My payment didn't
mutate and neither should the original deal I agreed upon..

Now the Arrays are at $650.00 USD.....

I know it is not kiyoukan's fault... but that also was not
what I ageed to before sending payment...:cryyy:

Jerry

i am still working with my original supplier to find out why one company can sell then and another cant.
if he can find a way to get the order placed and get it to go threw we will be on the original deal of 550$ an array. but if i cant come monday i will refund all payments.
If you cant wait till monday please pm me.
in the mean time i am asking for your patience till then.
this take a bit of time to work out.
I do understand your frustration.
LF i did not receive any messages from you... or maybe i responded and forgot...

Last edited:

i am still working with my original supplier to find out why one company can sell then and another cant.
if he can find a way to get the order placed and get it to go threw we will be on the original deal of 550$ an array. but if i cant come monday i will refund all payments.

Thanks for all your hard work on this. It's much appreciated.

LF i did not receive any messages from you... or maybe i responded and forgot...

I just sent you another PM.

manton

I for one, would not have a problem paying an additional amount to keep the GB going. It will still be much cheaper than getting the diodes from ebay.

I for one, would not have a problem paying an additional amount to keep the GB going. It will still be much cheaper than getting the diodes from ebay.

i agree, and am willing to pay the 15% more

but also fifteen percent more for the people that bought one or two arrays is a lot
maybe it is cheaper than anywhere else, but its still money they weren't considering spending

@ HIMNL9 PM me your email address if you like and I can send you the Casio parts manual it's 1.28mb I seen your pics and the numbers I posted must be the catalog reference numbers. It has an exploded view diagram of the projector and it's parts and assembly.

If this deal turns out to be dead on Monday, I think it would make more sense to refund all the money and start again rather than have some people drop out and others send more money. Apart from anything else I think it would keep PayPal fees to a minimum.

If this deal turns out to be dead on Monday, I think it would make more sense to refund all the money and start again rather than have some people drop out and others send more money. Apart from anything else I think it would keep PayPal fees to a minimum.

This is probably sensible - paypal won't allow refunds or disputes to be issued past a certain date (or, if they do, they won't refund the fees). I look forward to hearing more about how this turns out, and I wish you the best of luck in negotiations, Kiyoukan.

Just a heads up on the refunds from paypal, be careful. Because some people may be charged a fee for a refund. I'm not sure why, but I have been charged before from a refund awhile back from a member on ebay.

So as an alternative, you could send the money back as a personal gift. The personal gift doesn't take fees from either party.