Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

445nm Laser Diode Compilation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 445nm Casio Laser Diode Compilation Thread

As soon as a good lens assembly is picked...I'm soooooo in for one of these awesome diodes :cool:

As soon as a good lens assembly is picked...I'm soooooo in for one of these awesome diodes :cool:

Our normal aixiz lenses do a surprisingly good job collimating these diodes. The divergence is a bit higher but it's nothing horrible.

aixiz glass right? I assume the normal plastic would degrade pretty fast?

SWEET! I read through a few of the threads and saw stuff about AixiZ lens doing a decent job but thought it might be better to wait for the stock lens tests. Then again, I could always buy a separate lens assembly when one is figured out!
Better get one right away!

EDIT: !@%#/* DAMN IT going up the coast for the holidays. Don't really want it sitting in the post office for 2 weeks...
Oh well, hopefully there will be more tests done when I get back.

Last edited:

to quote south park "you done changed the game, thats what you did..." i am SO exited

aixiz glass right? I assume the normal plastic would degrade pretty fast?

I am using a stock acrylic lens for now since it's all I have - high quality lenses like the 405-g-1 would yield even more power output :san:

Yeah, even if it's only a 20% increase you'd be getting 780mw out of your kryton at 750ma!!! I'm really anxious to see the lens testing on these!

Thanks for the link! That is quite a gain. Everyone in the forum is gonna have one of these in a couple weeks.

So the projector uses lasers for blue, but LED's for red and green? why is that?? And why does it need 24 blue lasers?
Also, how many mW are the blue diodes run at within the projector?

Like almost everyone else I'm quite stoked tho I'm trying to stay just below frenzy mode.

These diodes may have seemingly fell from the sky @ $50 a pop like only yesterday but it still feels kinda odd not seeing Igor all over this.
Hope all is well & hes just taking it easier then norm for him as Glenn said.

Within the projector they are run at ~600mw? It uses the blue lasers to make green light by shining them a fluorescent disc thing.

So the projector uses lasers for blue, but LED's for red and green? why is that?? And why does it need 24 blue lasers?
Also, how many mW are the blue diodes run at within the projector?

The projector redirects some of the blue laser light to a green phosphor wheel. Only the red light is from an LED.

My testing shows the diodes producing over 650mW each running from the original projector circuitry, and that is pulsed operation since it only has one DLP chip. (cycles through red green and blue images)

Why does it need 24? To excite the phosphor and to make the projected image bright enough. Gotta figure all the optics losses along the way. 2000 lumens is a lot of light.

So is it possible to actually create green laser pointers with this method? In a way it reminds me of DPSS, except with a 445nm diode, and a fluorescent disc instead of crystals.

Also, would the projector blind you if you were to look into it? I'm so used to my teachers at school just standing in front of the projectors lol..

ah and also... what makes these 5.6mm diodes any stronger (able to endure more current) than a LOC or 6x? they're also 5.6mm. That's something I've never understood with lasers, as they get stronger they don't change in size, so what's making them more powerful?

The light made by the phosphor is not coherent, so no it's not something you could make into a laser beam.

The light is dispersed enough once it leaves the front of the projector that it shouldn't blind you, it is still very high intensity though and the projector warns you not to look into the lens.

The insane power levels are probably due to the new lasing materials used to create the diode junction.

Now I have a dilemma. I was about to purchase a 6x 405nm (SF-AW210) diode and host + driver, now this bombshell has been dropped I'm finding myself hesitating! Can anyone post any more good quality beam shots? I'm worried about the collimation optics a bit, although I believe people who say that the stock lenses are doing a fair job. Has anyone used one of the lenses from the projector in an aixiz module yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.