Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

405nm Pen from Etimeshop (Ebay)

seoguy

I've got one of these. Thing works great!

Looks fairly dim, but that is the problem with 405's - they vary in wavelength a bit for each diode, and they are so close to the edge of visibility already, that a few nm either way can make a big difference in brightness!

But point this guy at anything that fluorescences (like a sheet of white paper), and it becomes immediately clear that this thing is a lot more powerful than you realized!

Anyone whose beam is easy to see - count yourself lucky! It may be my diode is too far into UV, or perhaps just my eyesight, but the only time I ever saw even a hint at a beam from this guy was outside at night, in thick fog, and even then only while facing away from any lighted areas!

I was impressed with how tight the beam was, though.

This laser has a boost driver (obviously) that is very respectable looking. I hope to have some pics and specs of it soon. They might be a good source of drivers for diodes needing a lower current.

I'll post pics tomorrow :D

I would be interested in seeing that! (also the pics of that other BR you promised in the other thread?)

BTW, does anybody else have any pics of the innards of this brand pen?

Ive ordered 7 of these, I got a pretty good deal and after the test model I made with a PHR-803-T 405nm in an axiz housing, I got quite a good responce, hopefully the lot make it through the customs though, I'll post my own tuppence and a few comments from my buyers when we get them.
I simply got the 5mW coz as previously said by a few people they are usually overspec, if not then I think i can do some pot modding and can push 100mW out of the diode safely enough...... Pity about the fixed focus though =[
Still, from what I've seen of the similar green model I have it's a great deal coz, it does exactly what it says on the tin

NoBama

thanks, great review! ordered 1. hope i get it in a timely fashion.