Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

4-5 year old playing with a 1 watt green....

Status
Not open for further replies.

the laser man 2

i saw a video on youtube of a 4 -5 years old kid pointing one of those chinese gatling 1 watt lasers at buildings why would the parents buy the kid a green 1 watt laser they didnt even have safety googles even if they did why would you let the kid point the laser its going to blind whoever he might point it at and blind the dad and the child if he points it near them or into the dads eye i cant copy links on mobile but the videos title was "EN UZUN MENZILLI LAZER TESTI"

Last edited:

Sowee7

i saw a video on youtube of a 4 -5 years old kid pointing one of those chinese gatling 1 watt lasers at buildings why would the parents buy the kid a green 1 watt laser they didnt even have safety googles even if they did why would you let the kid point the laser its going to blind whoever he might point it at and blind the dad and the child if he points it near them or into the dads eye i cant copy links on mobile but the videos title was "EN UZUN MENZILLI LAZER TESTI"
Those "Gatling" 1W green lasers arnt even a watt, the have about the same power as a "laser 303" does, unless they are blue

I expect he was talking about this video, people are so very ignorant, this is why we push people to understand laser safety, so they can help others to understand and prevent people from getting hurt.

In other countries besides the U.S. there is nothing that can be done to stop this unless they have laws that restrict use to safely allow people who use them. A kid that young is at peril.

I would rather people take the initiate to communicate laser safety and bring the populace up to speed on lasers, for instance everyone knows a gun is dangerous, but people mistakenly think a 80-120mw Chinese laser pointer is a toy.

A law requiring a safety label on the retail package with big red print would be a good idea and a safety pamphlet to be included with each laser sold, but restricting use and/or ownership by law I do not agree with at all.

People know a kitchen knife is dangerous, they need to know lasers over 5mw are dangerous to our eyes, but restrictive use/ownership laws would be a dam shame......Yes I realize this video is from Turkey, but restrictive laws anywhere are a shame, people are capable of being free, rather than outlawing an item, outlaw dangerous acts, not the items used in acts.

I learned to target shoot when I was very young, maybe 8-10 years old, I held a Marlin .22 rifle and could shoot cigarettes in half at 7 yards, my father was standing right next to me and I had been given instructions that I understood, I knew what NOT to do and if I started to turn my body or move my barrel from downrange, I was reminded about keeping the barrel pointed down range at all times before I could actually make a mistake, then as I learned to reload there were always adult hands right there teaching me and ready to react if I didn't maintain the safety protocol, I learned early and there's nothing wrong with that as long as the parents are responsible and in control.

Commander J. Bloodmaker

I learned to target shoot when I was very young, maybe 8-10 years old, I held a Marlin .22 rifle and could shoot cigarettes in half at 7 yards, my father was standing right next to me and I had been given instructions that I understood, I knew what NOT to do and if I started to turn my body or move my barrel from downrange, I was reminded about keeping the barrel pointed down range at all times before I could actually make a mistake, then as I learned to reload there were always adult hands right there teaching me and ready to react if I didn't maintain the safety protocol, I learned early and there's nothing wrong with that as long as the parents are responsible and in control.
The average Iq is 100, meaning 50% of the country of the United States of America is mildly retarded. Common sense is no longer common.

Defiance

I would rather people take the initiate to communicate laser safety and bring the populace up to speed on lasers, for instance everyone knows a gun is dangerous, but people mistakenly think a 80-120mw Chinese laser pointer is a toy.

A law requiring a safety label on the retail package with big red print would be a good idea and a safety pamphlet to be included with each laser sold, but restricting use and/or ownership by law I do not agree with at all.

People know a kitchen knife is dangerous, they need to know lasers over 5mw are dangerous to our eyes, but restrictive use/ownership laws would be a dam shame......Yes I realize this video is from Turkey, but restrictive laws anywhere are a shame, people are capable of being free, rather than outlawing an item, outlaw dangerous acts, not the items used in acts.
I agree with this so much. The laser doesn’t get up one day and go blind someone just like a gun doesn’t just go shoot someone. It’s always a human that isn’t being safe and they don’t represent the rest of us at all

Defiance

CJB, we like to use the phrase "ignorant". I for one respect people with special needs.
Americans have widened the spectrum so much that what he said isn’t false. Depression even falls under the autism spectrum so there’s like 75% of the USA. Yes that was an exaggeration but still. He isn’t really wrong u just like different terminology

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
As someone who genuinely is autistic (Asperger’s Syndrome/ASD) I hate it when I see people use it as an insult for individuals who have displayed high levels of stupidity. Plus there are a lot more reasons than autism for mental disorders and learning difficulties. Bare that in mind.

Anthony P

Decades ago I played a small part in designing the modern IQ test. IQ is theoretically a measurement of one's ability to learn. It involves things like visualization skills, spatial reasoning, logic, deductive and inductive reasoning. It has nothing to do with what facts and figures you know. It is your ability to figure things out, not your ability to parrot back what you have been taught.
Ignorance simply means you were never informed. A Jeopardy winner is not necessarily intelligent, nor is someone in a menial job necessarily stupid.
Anyone who gives a child a high power laser to play with has covered all the bases: ignorant, foolish, and downright stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.