Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mW for 54$? with HQ focus?

Kind of a pricey host for an 8x............... Could be a good green here yet.

Mike

D

Deleted member 8382

Yeah, the first think I thought about it was "wow for the price it's a really nice host with focus, could work for a ggw" :D

D

Deleted member 8382

I've ordered it today. even if i get <100mW it will be worth :D

Mine left Honk Kong airport to USA on the 30th. That means that it is probably in the US today and going through the customs process and sorting and all that shit. It will probably get to the Napa post office tomorrow and I am guessing I will have it on Wendsday or Thursday.

D

Deleted member 8382

I hope I have time to cancel the order if yours is not good :D

GO LUKE GO !!! THE LASER'S AT THE 40, THE 35, THE 30, THE 20, It LOOKS LIKE IT WILL

GO ALL THE WAAAAY !!

LOL, Rob you are funny. I sure hope it does. I just had a 100mW violet laser confiscated by customs. An uneducated customer of mine in Korea mailed it back to me for repair and he labeled the package "Laser Pointer" he also left the 100mW warning label on the laser, and also labeled the package SWEETLASERS instead of my name. It was pretty much a huge red flag for the customs agents. If they didn't miss that one I would have been a little disappointed.

He might just as well taken it down to customs & just said "Here is some contraband, please take it."

yea this is one professional looking host that i won't mind paying 54 bucks for.
Any one got the 50mW version? i might just go for the 50mW if the IR on these 200mW units is over 20mW

rkcstr

Just got mine :)

Build looks very nice/hefty. It does have a removable back to fit either RCR123A or 18650/17670. Output is very bright, but I haven't tested it yet for actual power, and I don't have an IR filter to test for actual green output. No instructions provided, though, so I had to guess on the battery polarity (- goes in first like most greens). The only complaint is that the focus knob when turned all the way in doesn't quite go to full collimation, but that may be fixable. Otherwise it seems very nice for the price.

Update: Slightly disappointing news... put it on the meter and only got about 60-67mW :( I don't have any higher powered greens, so it still looks bright to me, but it's not the claimed 200mW. At least mine isn't. Maybe I got a dud and others will be more powerful.

Last edited:
Dang man that sucks balls. I was hoping for at least 100mW but now I doubt that ill happn. At least you can still burn things with the adjustable focus knob and that amount of power. Right? If you got yours today I probably go mine too. I will let you guys know how mine measures upo today when i get off of work.

Jaseth

Shame to hear man, I hope not all of them are this underpowered..
I was just about to buy one today when I read the first part of your post, but I'm glad I didn't.. If it could only be >80mW :)