Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1w laser flashlight

sinner

Your Voltage Regulator will provide the voltage needed , and waste the excess volts as heat.. you can also use 2x 3.7 lithium batteries fully charged (8.4V) they would work just fine.. but i think your diode is led'ed !! maybe you're in luck if its not..

Ok to start that driver isn't capable of KEEPING the laser at one Watt. Ld like all the post that they can get even if it fry's them. The point of a driver is to keep the current (amprage) constant but the voltage variable. This regulator just starves the diode periode. The output from this driver will run a 445nm at around 500mw according to some tests cliff did

Hey aidacity154,

You should take advantage of Survival Laser's discount for LPF members and grab a DIY C6 Host Assembly + Heatsink. Then you'll just need a Driver + 2 16340 batteries + Aixiz module + Aixiz glass lens + some good insulated, flexible wire

Regards,
Ryan

Last edited:
I bought one more diode thinking that i would maybe get lucky the second time, and i did. the laser works fine, and does everything i expected. I am very happy to say the least. My current setup is an aixiz heatsink, along with a computer heatsink and fan for extra heatsinking, module assembly, 8 AA battery pack, and for extra precaution, a heatsink for the driver. It works fine. To say the least, a flashlight just seems to be a little pricey right now. When I save up more, I will be sure to make a more elegant build. anyway, in the coming edit, I will include a pic of the setup. Thanks for the support!

I need a way to secure the driver on the small heatsink, any ideas?

EDIT: here are some pics

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/142/photoon20120228at1849.jpg

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8941/photoon20120228at1848.jpg

Last edited:
Aidacity.. every time you post I hear "My anus... is BLEEDING" in my mind. I just wanted you to know that. Glad you got this build working, btw.

Last edited:

Lase

Aidacity.. every time you post I hear "My anus... is BLEEDING" ind my mind. I just wanted you to know that. Glad you got this build working, btw.

I love that ^_^

It's always good to see people getting their first builds completed.

Reminds me I need to get off my rear and finish a build :p

Lase

Last edited: