Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1w 445 spartan

Hello. Long time listener first time caller. Was looking to get some DL 1w 445 spartan duty cycle info. Would the beam expander effect it at all. I have heard that the stock lens was melting in some cases. Any info on this or any other spartan, dragon lasers comments would be appreciated. My spartan is on its way, and looking to have everything ready for its arrival.

Hello. Long time listener first time caller. Was looking to get some DL 1w 445 spartan duty cycle info. Would the beam expander effect it at all. I have heard that the stock lens was melting in some cases. Any info on this or any other spartan, dragon lasers comments would be appreciated. My spartan is on its way, and looking to have everything ready for its arrival.

Check if the line is comming straight out of the aperture, if it's crooked you will have a problem if you want to use a beam expander with it.

The plastic lens can burn if you use the laser in a moisture environment. (some people had this problem)
Keep the lens clean from dust or other particles when not in use.

Be sure to use 2X CR123A 3.0V cells with this laser, NOT 2X 16340 3.7V.

I've run the laser myself for 5 min straight with no known issue or power drop (still above 1W) Wouldn't go over 5 min on time.

Be sure to invest in some safety goggles for 445nm if you havn't yet.
And perhaps a tripod when you want to photograph the laser from a distance, so it doesn't fall or roll over.

Overall the spartan is a very nice laser in a sleek host for the money, and is on spec.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm not sure about the Netherlands but I'm curious how DL labels their parcel for customs reasons. How where your Spartans delivered?

Don't use the laser when it's humid out, that will melt the collimating lens. I''m not too sure about the rest, perhaps someone else can chime in?

Nvm Sm got it :beer:

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm not sure about the Netherlands but I'm curious how DL labels their parcel for customs reasons. How where your Spartans delivered?

It's bin a while back when i ordered my Spartans (i have actually 4 spartans)
But i think they labeled it as a flashlight with a low value so you don't have to pay customs tax.

You should have no problem recieving your Spartan.
But there is never 100% guarantee, not from DL or any other company.

Thanks. How did DL mark the parcel to bypass customs. Or does your country have no regulations?

Does the beam expander eliminate the original lens assuming my beam is straight enough to use it?

Hwang. About how long did shipping take for your spartan (one of your post was how I heard of the melting lens by seeing your collection, good info) t

Does the beam expander eliminate the original lens assuming my beam is straight enough to use it?

The lens in the spartan will alway's be there. (it's deep inside the host)
The beam expander doesn't change a thing on this, nor does the lens in the spartan itself.

It's the diode that can couse the laserbeam to come out straight or crooked.
*one of my two 445nm spartans has a crooked beam, and i can not use my beam expander with it*

Mind you, DL doesn't sell the beam expander anymore.

nrlDh.jpg

InqeG.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen it on their current site with the option for the viper, aurora and spartan, but I guess that doesn't mean its available. Pics of the unobtainable then?

I've seen it on their current site with the option for the viper, aurora and spartan, but I guess that doesn't mean its available. Pics of the unobtainable then?

Those options are the adapter you choose so it can fit one of those lasers.

I think you missed this..

It say's ''Out of stock''
And it has bin like this sinds 2009/2010 :(

ZkKoqbL.jpg

I was lucky enough to find one secondhand with all the adapters for all DL host lasers. :)

Last edited:
Was also looking at some of the higher powered 445 on laserer, but I have heard they are "slipping". Any recommendations here.

Was also looking at some of the higher powered 445 on laserer, but I have heard they are "slipping". Any recommendations here.

I would suggest taking a look at the buy sell trade section on this forum here.
Those are the best out there ^^

I have no experience with laserer.