Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

YOUTUBE POT MOD LOL!!!

T

timelord

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf3M-_RUSCM[/media]

xgeek

Hmm wish I had seen this before splashing out on my Nova Alpha 105 ;)

Benm

That's one obvious hoax, but the match light in the end looks quite convincing... wonder how he did that?

LOL this guy is funny. You wouldnt get that much power difference from only 5mW. At most you would turn it into a 10mW. He switches the lasers at the end. ;D

"make sure this screw is tight".....So you wind the pot hard up against the stop and knacker it then....... :)

It is not the first time I have seen the idea of heating a component with a soldering iron to disable it....... I don't think I will be trying this any time soon.

Regards rog8811

Things

lol that is an old one, i say it a long time ago! but it is pretty weird how he actually lit a match :-? :-?

Things

actually maybe he took out the ir filter! ::) ::) oh thats if it had one! LOL ;D

Benm

rog8811 said:
not the first time I have seen the idea of heating a component with a soldering iron to disable it....... I don't think I will be trying this any time soon.

It doesnt even work mostly... Simple transistors can usually handle solder temperatures for quite some time. At least several seconds in molten solder just for wave soldering, but i wouldn't be too surprised if they still work even after a minute.

Benm

No shit.. didn't even notice that at first.

And yes, it leaves interesting marks even in a split second, unfortunately i know that from (in?)experience.

It's certianly possible, with the greens from 3-4 years ago… The IR pumps were probably 250 mW, maybe more, and when you got lucky and had an unusualy efficient Nd-YVOd and KPT in your MCA, you could get a burner. Get super lucky, and get an MCA that's 40% efficient, and you're putting out 100mW of green.

That's how WL got it's start after all. They just bought CNI's in bulk, pot-modded them to the max and tested them out into batches, then marked them up accordingly.

AJ_Dual said:
That's how WL got it's start after all. They just bought CNI's in bulk, pot-modded them to the max and tested them out into batches, then marked them up accordingly.
Are you sure about that? I always thought they were Leadlights that were Modded.

Skram0

What I learned from that video is that I want to be sure I want to risk this, "as it could perminatley break you laser pen".
Gotta love programs without a spell check.. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]