Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

You guys know of a good flashlight???

ok so i was gonna buy a maglite for my pops because i know they are a good quality flashligh, but i saw some on dx that looked very good. Has anyone bought a flashlight from dx and are they worth it? or should i just buy an LED maglite instead???

jeffd

If you are looking for something low priced, reliable, and rugged go with this
http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-53/Romisen-RC-dsh-N3-CREE-Q5/Detail

For something a little more fancy check out
LED Flashlight,JETBeam manufacturer

My jeatbeam rrt-2 raptor:
IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

I got the Cree C1 230 Lumens of pure goodness, someone recommended it here on LPF and I got it for myself, I use it every week, it's GREAT.
Especially the build quality, couldn't be better...

@jeffd, what did you pay for the rrt2 raptor? I couldn't find a price on the website.
Thanks

i recommend the SUREFIRE G2 led. it is crazy bright. lifetime warranty and compact. only negative is the price. 70usd.

Jeffd, thanks.

Chipdouglas, I have the G3 and it cost me about $60 IIRC. I like it a lot. The G2 I saw for $40something...I can't remember the website for the life of me though. I think it was a police gear site :-/

I just bought a $21 Husky 3Watt LED from HomeDepot (200 lumens). Pretty bright for 3AAA's.
Lasers and flashlights, can never have too many.

john lawson that looks like a great light, and it's driven at 1800mA's, not too bad. I thought about getting a single 18650 host, but I ended up getting the one that took two, which is driven at 2800mA's! I do prefer the appearance of the one rangedunits has linked, but it doesn't say what it's driven at.

dean_87, keep in mind if you get a flashlight that takes two 18650's rather than one, it will be brighter.

i recommend the SUREFIRE G2 led. it is crazy bright. lifetime warranty and compact. only negative is the price. 70usd.
The G2 looks cool, I wanna see it compared to the light I have. but I read the G2 is only 80 lumens..?

it is only 80 lumens but i have it and can guarantee that when you hold it in your hand and shine it, 100 feet in front of you is illuminated like a car with HID lights. it is really bright. i am very happy with it. I've had all kinds of light that claim all kinds of lumens. mag lite, stream light, cree... but my sure fire is my go to light.

@coldstl, i bought it last year when the led version first came out. so my pricing may be off. and a side note. I still have not had to change my batteries in that year.

I have way to many flashlights from DX to even bother posting them on here. Out of all of the ones that I have, I have only received one that was junk and one other one that had a broken R2 LED in it, but I replaced it with a spare Q5 that I had laying around my room.

Believe it or not, my favorite light from DX is the one that I got with the bad LED in it. Here it is. It throws much further than a normal P7.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16538

The majority of the lights on DX are excellent.

Thanks guys, imana go with the aurora with 900 lumens and two modes for $37.73 sounds like a reasonable price to me