Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

You guys gotta help me please!!! - FAILED

So the thing is I've liked this girl for almost 2 years now. I've never asked her out because of my dad forcing me to go to north shore on Saturdays (some tutoring program). I've finally persuaded him and after term 3 ill do north shore on sundays, which leaves me saturday free. The problem is her best friend told me that some other guy likes her as well. What do I do? Ask her asap or wait till end of term when I have time? What do I do if I ask her asap? I don't think I'd be able to go anywhere with her... :'(

Re: You guys gotta help me please!!!

ok first off, this forum is full of nerds who are probably no help hahahahah j/k

how old are you and how well do you know her? what's your financial status atm?

I'm 15 and I'd say I'm pretty good friends with her, I always help her out and talk a lot. Financial status? I've saved a few hundred dollars...

freshert said:
I'm 15 and I'd say I'm pretty good friends with her, I always help her out and talk a lot. Financial status? I've saved a few hundred dollars...

Hmmm friend zone is bad. Here's what you do, ask her asap. Just because you ask her to go hang out sometime doesn't mean you need to do it right away. But, when you do ask her out, make sure to make it clear that it is a date. If you say "lets hang out" she'll say "sure!!!" and think you two are just going to do something as friends. Theres a good chance she'd love to go to something etc, but be aware that since you are 'friends' with her, she may now only see you as a friend and not romantically. The best thing to do, is if you are talking to a girl you like, make your intentions known right off the bat. That way there is no confusion down the line and she's either into you or she's not.

Oh yeah, you dont need to spend a lot of money either. Just go to a movie or something. 20 bucks for two tickets :cool:

So I should ask her on Monday when school starts and wait four weeks before I can go anywhere with her... :-?

How can you make your intentions known straight away? I mean, if you aren't friends with the girl, you might not even know you like her!

Do you just pick a girl randomly in the street and just HOPE you're compatible? ;D

That's sorta true. I've know this girl since primary school. I went to a new school at year 7 then we met at year 9 again ;D

freshert said:
That's sorta true. I've know this girl since primary school. I went to a new school at year 7 then we met at year 9 again ;D

Ha ha, I can just imagine that ;D

You leave, say goodbye as friends and stuff... then over the next 2 years puberty happens. Then you met again in Year 9 and WHOA!!! :eek: All of a sudden this friend has turned in to a hot babe ;D

I don't wanna take away all your hopes

but if you're her friend then you're pretty much screwed.

oh

and you shouldn't change your schedule because of a girl, that means that you'll change something else too if something happens with her, you'll lose your freedom and be dominated :)

Wait till you can do stuff with her and ask her out before the other guy. Do something random, unexpected, but nothing creepy. Make her want you.

It's really simple here. If you really like her, you'll find time to be with her. It sounds to me like you're making excuses because you're scared or something.

You only live once. What's the worst that will happen, she'll say no?

Murudai said:
How can you make your intentions known straight away? I mean, if you aren't friends with the girl, you might not even know you like her!

Do you just pick a girl randomly in the street and just HOPE you're compatible? ;D

I'm not saying walk up to a random a girl and say "I like you lets do it" ;D

I'm saying that generally within a few minutes of talking with someone you KNOW if you have an attraction to them or not. So, if you do, this is when you ask them out. "would you be interested in going to dinner sometime?" blah blah blah. When you ask right off the bat when meeting someone, they know what your intentions are. When you make friends with someone for a couple months or years and then try to switch it around, they get confused and it generally ends the friendship and doesn't spawn a relationship. That is what dating is for, to get to know someone, yet both of you know what you are there for and it's not to make friends. Then if while dating you decide she's not right for you, you just dont go on anymore dates with her. If you do like the girl, you continue dating, and eventually make it to the 'committed relationship' stage. This is where you're boyfriend and girlfriend and you're not allowed to sleep around anymore ;D

Well I'll ask her ASAP I guess.... I'll pretend I'm sick on Saturday and then go out when my parents are at work ;D

freshert said:
Well I'll ask her ASAP I guess.... I'll pretend I'm sick on Saturday and then go out when my parents are at work ;D

You ARE sick. Love Sick :-*