Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Yobrasel build 445nm 1W vs 500mW tiny

murrat

As I know what new buyers need I prepare a short comparison with photos and a video for you about Yobrasel build 1W 445nm C6 host and 500mW 445nm tiny 5 mode laser.
Burning capabilities of 1W is beyond 500mW for sure you can see it in the video. But 500mW also burns good.
I can light any color match from 1m :)
About visibility it is strange. 1W is not much brighter but it is more bluish and 500mW is more purplish :)
I don't know if anyone else noticed that.
They both looks having same brightness in the photos.
Here are photos of beam and size comparisons. I also hold them both in my hand at the same time so the size can be compared better ;)

IMG_7131.JPG

IMG_7129.JPG

IMG_7130.JPG

IMG_7115.JPG

IMG_7116.JPG

IMG_7118.JPG

IMG_7119.JPG

IMG_7120.JPG

IMG_7121.JPG

IMG_7122.JPG

IMG_7123.JPG

IMG_7124.JPG

IMG_7125.JPG

IMG_7126.JPG

IMG_7127.JPG

IMG_7128.JPG

IMG_7113.JPG

And this is the video of trying to burn a hole through white paper of a magazine at the same time with both lasers. I turn them off after 1W burned a hole. The tiny 500mW cannot burn even if you wait for twice as much. This is the power difference :)

Laser comparison(445nm 1W vs Tiny 500mW) - YouTube

Last edited:

There frequency will change a bit depending on how hard they
are driven, this may explain why one is a different color from the other.

Last edited:

murrat

There frequency will change a bit depending on how hard they
are driven, this may explain why one is a different color from the other.

Then this means you have to drive them hard to get a better blue color :eg:

LaZeRz

Nice pics! +1 :)

445 diodes can vary quite a bit in wavelength, They are not perfect like DPSS.

Nice comparison, I love that mini. also if you are interested in getting the copper heatsink to look shiny again you can simply squeeze lemon juice onto a napkin, put a small amount of salt on the napkin as well and gently rub the copper heatsink in circular motions. This will polish the copper quickly and effectively.

murrat

Nice comparison, I love that mini. also if you are interested in getting the copper heatsink to look shiny again you can simply squeeze lemon juice onto a napkin, put a small amount of salt on the napkin as well and gently rub the copper heatsink in circular motions. This will polish the copper quickly and effectively.

It is like drinking Tequila then :) lemon and salt ;)

nice pics :D but those stockers with the warranty thing on it are kind of ugly :p there are 500 other ways to seal a thread and check if somebody opened it up ;)

greetings,,

I can't tell you how many times people have let their friend use one of my builds and their friend accidentally opened the threads. Even when I have adhered the threads shut they would muscle it open. These are an in your face way of saying "Hey!! don't fucking open the laser" Which is exactly what I was going for. I used to repair torn wires at least twice a week and every time I would have to replace the driver since it was left on without load. If my buyers want to take the stickers off they are welcome to. It's not epoxied on to the host or anything like that. You are right though they aren't very eye pleasing. I wish I had black ones that would leave a silver residue underneath. That would be ideal.