Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Yobatts address

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night, Yobatts threatened me and my family on this forum. It is now banned and the thread locked but I want info to provide to law enforcement.
Can anyone track this terrorist for my safety? Mods stepped in but all that happened was a ban.

HMike

Last edited:

Perhaps you could try and locate his email address and country of origin? Every little bit helps and the cops can get a warrant for the info if they try. Im sure this forum has a strong privacy policy, so getting info may be difficult from any admin.

Hopefully another member has had some dealings with this person and can PM you some info.

Googling brings up that odd name, possibly him >

2003 grey loaded impulse f/s - PbNation
will you take a brand new in box never used 2k3 wgp cocker and cash for the gun and hopper? if so e mail me at yobatts@yahoo or aim me at batts himself ...

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&source=...=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=77a98ce8ed84c158

Last edited:
I am told this POS is in Reno Nevada. That's too close. I consider this threat as serious. I want IT now.

HMike

HM, get in touch with Avery. (email him)

I got a reply from him not long ago.

You can ask Avery to reveal (to you or to the police) the IP address that was used to post the message, that would give an approximate location - I'd hope that Avery will tell you the approximate location, even if he prefers to withhold the IP itself. If law enforcement consider it serious enough they can use the IP and ask his internet provider to reveal the name of the account-holder, presuming the ISP keep appropriate records. That would give an address and the account holder's name (but then they can claim that it wasn't them who submitted it, at which point they'd have to investigate the email address used to sign up and see if they can link that to a real-world identity).

My guess is that law enforcement probably won't consider it a serious enough threat, to be honest.

Likely not but I DO. Everything around here is now a potential target. The local police are a $ driven scam.

HMike

You can ask Avery to reveal (to you or to the police) the IP address that was used to post the message, that would give an approximate location - I'd hope that Avery will tell you the approximate location, even if he prefers to withhold the IP itself. If law enforcement consider it serious enough they can use the IP and ask his internet provider to reveal the name of the account-holder, presuming the ISP keep appropriate records. That would give an address and the account holder's name (but then they can claim that it wasn't them who submitted it, at which point they'd have to investigate the email address used to sign up and see if they can link that to a real-world identity).

My guess is that law enforcement probably won't consider it a serious enough threat, to be honest.

I was thinking even if he decided to proxy before leaving such a PM, would admin be able to view IP's from previous logins? ex last week, month etc?

If you dont mind me asking, what exactly were the threats?
Just trying so understand the severity.

The question is asked. Here is the threat
"
icon1.gif
Re: Anyone willing to build me a 445 if i pay for parts and shipping?
im no noob and you say some shit like that ill find you and your family and blind them. so watch youre mouth you old fuck. "

I will quietly leave LPF over this threat. I want info for prosicution on this turd.

HMike

Simply stated -- I will not build a class IV laser for a noob with 66 posts PERIOD.
And he has made a threat on me and my family because of that.
If nothing is done, I will gladly leave LPF.
HMIKE

Ranged is right, Avery will find an email quicker and easier to respond to. Yobatt's threat is childish in the extreme (I personally wouldn't take it seriously but I understand why you are). The best that C0ld can really give you is the IP addresses used by his account, and email address associated with his account, and therefore also an approximation of where he lives.

Cold can theoretically give you the IP and email (as long as his privacy policy allows it), he can give that information to law enforcement (who can also demand that from Avery if the privacy policy would otherwise disallow it) . If they consider it serious enough, law enforcement can then try to get the guy's name and address based on the IP address, but to make a successful prosecution rather than just scare him, there would need to be proof that the username links with a real person - an IP is linked to a connection/phone line not a person, unless there is other circumstantial evidence (email address known to be used by an individual or similar).

If he used a proxy then there really isn't a huge amount that can be done unless you/law enforcement take it up with the proxy provider as well - that presents another theoretical barrier. (@BlueMeanie - past IPs can be found too, but if he were sensible/serious about it, he'd know to always use the proxy for the entire time on the site)

On the plus side, even if he were serious, it's just as hard (if not harder, since he doesn't have an IP or email address, or the power of the law behind him) for him to find your address, as it is for you to find his ;)

Last edited:
Keep in mind its possible his IP address may not lead directly to him. Too many people leave their wifi open so some people don't pay for their own internet if a neighbors wifi is available.

Its just a guess but I wouldn't expect him to use a proxy. If he has enough sense for that he wouldn't have made a threat.

I see this is where he mentions Reno http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/custom-phr-111ma-sold-49904.html#post684482.
Perhaps ask XCreedX if yobatts was the one who bought his laser, could get lucky.

Last edited:

Kevlar

Sorry to hear he got you riled up HMIKE because it sounds like empty threats from a noob with a complex to me. Please don't leave LPF because of that guy.

I don't have many resources but I'll do whatever I can to help you with this kid. I'd hate to a punk like this drive you away.

I, as I'm sure MANY others, value your experience, informative threads and post.

CharlieB----
In this day and age, I can no longer consider simple threats as "simple". This forum allows anything as a member and anything has the power to kill or "BLIND" ....

Hmike

Status
Not open for further replies.