Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Yellow Laser with PHR Sled

Xer0

I suppose this have been done already by someone else (rog for sure ;) ) but my first time on this.

After reading a thread here about an "pbs cube, passing red at incredible eficiency while reflecting green" in the PHR-803T sled, i took the one apart drew added to my recent module order. I removed absolutely everything except of the cube, the dichro, the "mirror" or whatever sits under the lens which have been removed too, of course. one thing i decided to leeave is this thin metal thing with the 2 big holes directly over the diodes. i used them to put doubleside-tape on to hold the laserpointers in place.

This is "The Aperture"

Here it mixes to some sort of Yellow. I put an piece of paper behind the dichro, to make it better to see.

Lasering out of the Sled's Top (bottom, for me) without lens etc - the middle point is obviously yellow ! :)

for the first try, the result was very interessting. it realy was some sort of yellow :)
but not usefull for pointing, its crapshit hard to hold the both lasers still and overlaped.
its interessting how the optics there have all their strange sides. so the output dichro cuts of near the half from the green. together with polarizion of the pbs it allowed me to "throttle" 532nm down to match 650.

:cool:

Your red will be very efficient where you have it but your losses on the green will be high, It is fortunate that greens are bright to the eye ;)
For what it is worth here is a drawing of what I found when shining lasers around, this was before finding out the losses with the blu ray and the splitting of the green beam. you could try the positions in the middle picture, although the red may split in the same way.

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• Beam_paths01.jpg
    Beam_paths01.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 349

Xer0

Rog, i always look up to you :)
Your diagram is great. Hm, so whats the long diagonal dichro for? Does it reflect anything or passes everything? And what do you recommend more to build an real RGBr Module, KES or PHR? ...now i know that last one would be smaller ;)

Your diagram is great. Hm, so whats the long diagonal dichro for? Does it reflect anything or passes everything? And what do you recommend more to build an real RGBr Module, KES or PHR? ...now i know that last one would be smaller

The dichro will reflect red and green pretty well,. it will reflect 50% of blu ray, the rest of the beam disappears into the little hole behind the dichro.

The KES is easiest as you can leave the cubes in place and just attach the modules. The PHR needs the dichro replacing, but as you say it comes out smaller.

Regards rog8811

Xer0

What could replace the dichro?

I think the next i would like to try is the DX Yello Mod. Too bad i dont have a lathe :(

What could replace the dichro?
You can use the turning mirror from the KES sled, it is a fiddle to get it right though. Infact you could try the turning mirror from the PHR, the only reason I didn't try it was that I chipped it getting it out.

Regards rog8811

Witch the better proportion(mW) to mix red and green laser to get yellow beam when I use the PHR sled?

Hug,
Andre

I use a 5mw green, the blu-ray and the red are just adjusted to get the colour correct, at a guess the blu ray is running at around 100ma, the red not a clue but nowhere near the maximum it is capable of.

Sorry I cannot be of more help but it boils down to having not too much green then you can match it by adjustment of the others.

Regards rog8811

rog8811 said:
I use a 5mw green, the blu-ray and the red are just adjusted to get the colour correct, at a guess the blu ray is running at around 100ma, the red not a clue but nowhere near the maximum it is capable of.

Sorry I cannot be of more help but it boils down to having not too much green then you can match it by adjustment of the others.

Regards rog8811

Thanks rog8811,

I will try to use the 5mW green laser module from o-like!

The focus of red and blueray I should set to infinity? :-?

Hug,
Andre

The focus of red and blueray I should set to infinity?

Correct, you will find that the red gets more spackled around the dot the higher you power it, both the BR and the red dot will be bigger than the green. You do not notice it unless you get close up to the dot.

Regards rog8811