Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

YAY my first BR! im joining the club!

SMIDSY

well after the EWPIC failure of my other BR laser which was UV! I now have a working 100mW blueray.

now all I need is some goggles

time to update sig again :-D

need some ideas as to what to do with it with NO goggles..... its day time here so i cant really see it all too well....

Switch

Point it at fluorescent/GITD stuff, watch out for reflections.Gonna be more spectacular with goggles though. Btw, too bad for the UV diode :'( have you heard anything of it? :-/

SMIDSY

yeah they want to keep it indefinetly as it is apparently dangerous. They did the same thing a few years back with soem thermite......

anyways are diffuse reflections dangerous?

I missed the story behind the UV diode....how did you end up with one of those?

Switch

SMIDSY said:
yeah they want to keep it indefinetly as it is apparently dangerous. They did the same thing a few years back with soem thermite......

anyways are diffuse reflections dangerous?

No I don't think so, unless you're staring at the dot from really close, like when burning stuff for example.As long as you just point it at random , non reflective stuff a few feet away you should be fine.If the dot isn't bright enough to leave afterimages it's most likely ok. :p

The UV diode was concluded to be a defective BR diode that had an output wavelength much lower and was invisible until it struck something fluorescent.Just not fair, that diode should belong to you , and this forum. :'(

SMIDSY

I know I know- I do really liek the fact that I have aworkign BR now.... but that UV one I thought I had done somethign wrong until it started florescing things..... The school now wants to see my HeNe duel headed laser- Ive said no.... lol

I have some more pics of the UV one somewhere- shal I post them?

also can you help me out with this please guys:

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1225353522/0

SMIDSY said:
I know I know- I do really liek the fact that I have aworkign BR now.... but that UV one I thought I had done somethign wrong until it started florescing things..... The school now wants to see my HeNe duel headed laser- Ive said no.... lol

I have some more pics of the UV one somewhere- shal I post them?

also can you help me out with this please guys:

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1225353522/0
Yes, please do post them :)

hey, if you don't have any goggles, what i found works, no where near as good as goggles, but mirrored sunglasses, like i use my aviators 1) because i don't have goggles and i cant afford them and 2)it works a little, the mirror reflects most of the light, idk about IR though, most likely doesn't black any IR.