Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Xbox Live account hacked?

I just got an e-mail notification saying I had purchased 6000 points, and then another saying i purchased 4000 points!

I got on my xbox live account and there it was, 10,080 microsoft points.

I changed my windows live password, and from their website did some sort of security thing where every console which uses my profile has to redownload it and sign in with the new password.

Also changed my e-mail password.

I have my Paypal account tied in to my xbox live account, and that what was charged. $125 worth of fake microsoft currency.

Why would anyone have motive of doing this? Points are non-transferable so I don't see the point.

I opened a Paypal dispute for the 2 unauthorized transactions.

ped

Cant you check a history of IP's that used your PP account?

I just got an e-mail notification saying I had purchased 6000 points, and then another saying i purchased 4000 points!

I got on my xbox live account and there it was, 10,080 microsoft points.

I changed my windows live password, and from their website did some sort of security thing where every console which uses my profile has to redownload it and sign in with the new password.

Also changed my e-mail password.

I have my Paypal account tied in to my xbox live account, and that what was charged. $125 worth of fake microsoft currency.

Why would anyone have motive of doing this? Points are non-transferable so I don't see the point.

I opened a Paypal dispute for the 2 unauthorized transactions.

Do you live in an apt complex? Could be idiot kids sniffing your p/w or whatever and doing it for the lulz...

It want my papal. Microsoft has my papal on file so if you hqve access to my chock live account you can just purchase stuff Willy nilly

If you logged in from somewhere else say a friend's house, and checked the box that remembers your password, your friend could then login to your account and purchase points onto your account without having to sign into anything (anyways that's how it works with my CC)...

First, phone paypal and say it was unauthorized, and file an unauthorized transaction dispute.

Second, phone microsoft live support and talk to them about what happened.

People do that with other live accounts because I think it allows them to buy stuff from the store, download it to their xbox, then use it without using your account again.