Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

X85 Versus X105

LarryQ

Ok...
A new X85 is listed at 159.00

A new X105 is listed at 209.00

Is the extra 20 MW worth the extra 50.00???

Getting over 200 bucks is pushing it for me right now....

Unless I can find a buyer for a new Extreme lasers EL20 I just bought to help me offset the cost!

Larry

I think its up to you, they say that they will do the same things but the x105 will do it a little faster. Im buying x85 with the case, goggles and
lens holder

Frosty

LarryQ said:
Ok...
A new X85 is listed at 159.00

A new X105 is listed at 209.00

Is the extra 20 MW worth the extra 50.00???

Getting over 200 bucks is pushing it for me right now....

Unless I can find a buyer for a new Extreme lasers EL20 I just bought to help me offset the cost!

Larry

I got my X85 only to learn it puts out 101.8 mw on average with a 108mw peak.

If you got lucky you could get one hell of a x105.

Nova Lasers rock!

Aseras

if they are both in spec, ( an 85 is an 85 and a 105 is a 105 etc ) they will look just as bright, but the 105 will be better at burning tasks. that said you could get lucky with a low power one. or you could get exactly what it is supposed to be. novalasers is laserglow so there's no doubt what you order will be at least what it is supposed to be and probably slightly higher, but getting a significantly overspec unit is doubtful.

NOVA will not ship out an under spec unit. If you get an X85 most likely will be 90mw average or above. Same with the X105. So it comes down to you.. do you think it is worth the extra $$$.

LarryQ

Hmm...50 bucks for the additional 20 Mw...

I think...I will wait and go for the 105....BUT..I will need to sell my EL20 first!

Hasn't even arrived yet...I just ordered it Saturday...but in the back of my mind KNEW I really wanted a Nova...

Thanks for the input!!

Larry

I'm having a similar dilemma with the x85 vs the x105. I've looked at videos of both, and the x105 does seem much quicker at burning tasks. I'm also leaning towards the x105 simply for bragging rights. I still have a couple of questions though:

1)Is the x105 so powerful that it could leave a mark on a normal bedroom wall? I plan on using this more for the pointing, and the effect aspect (diffraction, scanning, cap set effects, ect) and would not want a laser so powerful that I could not point it where I need to.

2)If I don't wear goggles when using the x105 how bad for my health is it, considering I hold it away from my face?

3)How are Nova lasers IR output compared with other brands? Are they within a healthy level?

4)Is the beam on the x105 noticeably brighter, wider, or further reaching than the x85's, or is it just the burning power that is increased.

Sorry for all the questions, this will be my first high powered laser and I want to make sure I'm choosing the right one before I pitch out $200.

claypoolsbass said:
I'm having a similar dilemma with the x85 vs the x105. I've looked at videos of both, and the x105 does seem much quicker at burning tasks. I'm also leaning towards the x105 simply for bragging rights. I still have a couple of questions though:

1)Is the x105 so powerful that it could leave a mark on a normal bedroom wall? I plan on using this more for the pointing, and the effect aspect (diffraction, scanning, cap set effects, ect) and would not want a laser so powerful that I could not point it where I need to.

2)If I don't wear goggles when using the x105 how bad for my health is it, considering I hold it away from my face?

3)How are Nova lasers IR output compared with other brands? Are they within a healthy level?

4)Is the beam on the x105 noticeably brighter, wider, or further reaching than the x85's, or is it just the burning power that is increased.

Sorry for all the questions, this will be my first high powered laser and I want to make sure I'm choosing the right one before I pitch out $200.
I'll try answereing some of those questions for you.
1 The X105 shouldn't leave a mark on the wall, unless the paint is black.
2 You are gonn awant goggles, looking at the dot too long isn't really good for you eyes, it is really bright.
3 Novas IR output is really low, totally safe.
4 You probably wont notice a difference in brightness between the X105 ans X85, but the X105 will burn faster.