Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

X105 OK in the rain?

the title say itself but you know i would never hold it so that the raindrops would go straight into the lens, but will the humidity damage the laser?

Rhith

Humidity will always be an issue no matter the laser but if it's for a short period it should be fine. I've taken my CNI outside in very humid conditions before and it's still fine. I'm in Florida too and it gets HUMID.

nes_ds

Rhith said:
Humidity will always be an issue no matter the laser but if it's for a short period it should be fine. I've taken my CNI outside in very humid conditions before and it's still fine. I'm in Florida too and it gets HUMID.

I will second that; I live in a swampy area in Louisiana. The humidity is grate for the laser beam; though it has not damaged my laser, so...I guess it would be find.

Aer you asking about humidity or rain? You shouldn't use the laser in a very humid environment, but you can probably get away with that. These lasers are far from waterproof though. DO NOT use any laser in the rain that wasn't intended for it. Sounds like a great way to turn an expensive X 105 into a $0 black laser

LarryQ

I agree....

Keep it dry.....

If you're under cover...no prob...

Larry

Aseras

green doesn't show up in the rain at all during the day. A high powered red though looks awesome in the rain during the day. the water scatters the red much more and if it's raining hard you see the most brilliant beam of red. With green you don't see anything near as cool, if at all.