Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

X-Series / Evo

ownee

Hello. Ive got a question. What of this 3 lasers is best one in Distance Evolutions (ex. lightening a match from 5ft)?

Evolution 125mW from WickedLasers.com (Diameter 0.8 Divergence 1.5)
X-Series 125mW from NovaLasers.com (Diameter 1.0 Divergence 1.2)
Viper 125mW from DragonLasers.com (Diameter 1.2 Divergence 1.2)

I saw many of videos. I saw many topics on forums. I can't decide. Viper is the same as X-Series. But! If i order an X-Series from novalasers i'll get the most powerfull one from their stock (they will choose laser with best burning ability best average and best peak power, send me the stats in the email). Viper from dragonlasers and Exo from Wickedlasers can't be choosen. I'll get one of their 125 in random. Its minus of dragon and Wicked. If Viper=XSeries i would get X-Series, so we got 2 lases left:

Evolution 125mW from WickedLasers.com (Diameter 0.8 Divergence 1.5)
X-Series 125mW from NovaLasers.com (Diameter 1.0 Divergence 1.2)

Firstly. Price is not a problem.
As i remember from the videos both of them are really fast in burning, BUT i heared some stories that Evo didn't want to burn. Yeah, Wicked changed it into a new one but the story tells us they don't sell all lasers in the sam quality. (The same was with some spyder II GX- the spot was really large because of broken lenses...) Minus for Wicked. X-Series from nova are always checked and are fully guaranteed to be unfailing. 2nd thing is the nice-build of both of them BUT aircraft-aluminium from Wicked seems to be better. Plus for both of them. For now i would choose X-Series from Nova BUT! Wicked are told to be the world's leading manufacturer of portable laser technology(however they fail their exams sometimes). CNI is the biggest manufacturer of lasers.

To sum up:
Both are really cool lasers, but both have some minuses. Its really hard to make a decision and choose one of them. Thats why im writing to you, and i hope you'll help me in purchasing new High quality 125mW Nova/Wicked burning laser. Thanks.
Regards,
Kris

S

SenKat

Go for the UNAIDED burning power of the X series. Don't fiddle around with external lenses.

Senkat's right the x-series would be great, but the DL 125mw viper is the exact same laser as the x-series 125 it just depends on weather or not you want the sweet case that nova has!!

ownee

i dont know what to buy o_0 diffrent answers on diffrent forums...

I saw your thread over on LC, don't listen to them, most of them are wicked lasers bit**es, sorry for the language, they think that if they promote wicked and turn everything else down that steve will give them a free laser.
I don't know if you noticed, but one guy over there was trash talking nova and thought that they had a 3 second delay!
watch some more vids, review over the prices(which is a lot more expensive at wicked), and customer service then make your decision.

ownee

They have delay or not? Is it good? The big plus in Nova i that i can get the best one in their stock couse the choose it. Anyway i saw some videos and dragon(same as nova) are fast burning lasers.

ownee said:
They have delay or not? Is it good? The big plus in Nova i that i can get the best one in their stock couse the choose it. Anyway i saw some videos and dragon(same as nova) are fast burning lasers.

no theirs no delay, click the button and out comes the laser.

S

SenKat

The biggest problem with asking over on LC is - the forum is run by Wicked. Owned, and moderated as well. Any info you get there WILL be biased. Check out the EVO's rate of returns - I would NEVER buy an evo personally.

SenKat said:
The biggest problem with asking over on LC is - the forum is run by Wicked.  Owned, and moderated as well.  Any info you get there WILL be biased.  Check out the EVO's rate of returns - I would NEVER buy an evo personally.

Yeah, but LPF is unfairly anti-WL biased too (and has had many blind biases to undeserving companies in the past). I don't doubt that LC has its unjustified biases, but LPF has them too - just normally contrasting LCs.

Saying that LC is moderated by WL is going a little too far though - they rarely step in (though I am a bit pissed about the Jack and Windstrings stuff). Not recently that I know of, but in its past LPF has been even worse than LC though in unjustified bannings.

As for the Evos - I think most of the problems are imaginary and are the same you get with the Execs and DLs, but whatever, just my opinion.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that sure, LC is screwed up, but if you're gunna hold them to those standards, I'm gunna hold LPF to the same, and in those regards LPF is far from a saint either (no, this doesn't apply so much to you SenKat, but some of the other posts I see here...)

So there you go: I've just insulted LC and LPF... I guess its time for some pseudo bashing  ;)

S

SenKat

Weeee-hooooo ! open season on Psuedo ! LOL

I agree with MOST of what you say - (There I go again - I am gonna SCREW UP my reputation ! LOL)

I state facts, and opinions - I even try to seperate them the best I can :p

Kenom

What the? Man not another bash wl thread LOL. I'm not a big fan of WL and that has nothing to do with my own personal opinion it was based before I got involved in any forum and will stay that way unless the company changes some things. When your head gets too big it POPS! HEHE. I've got pictures of my other head that went pop. Good thing the doctors could put it back on.

Now personally I really like the products over at nova. Regardless if they are the same product as someone else carries. I go to walmart cause they have lots of things I buy. When walmart started carrying other things I went to a different store PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Take the time. Read threads on customer service and reliability. Form your own opinions based on other people's experience and make your decisions from them.

Please dont' take me wrong. One of the stupidest things I see on these threads is someone asking someone else's opinion on which laser to get. We've all got opinions that are not necessaryily based on good reason just gut feelings. then we have opinions based on personal experience, experiences we've seen from others and fairy tales. In the end it's just your decision. LOL and it's not like your gonna be stuck forever with the one you choose. You'll get more and more and more and more.

Please dont' take offense cause I called asking for other's opinions stupid. It's not. We all wanna get the best we can and I apologize if I did offend.

ownee

Kenom said:
Please dont' take me wrong.  One of the stupidest things I see on these threads is someone asking someone else's opinion on which laser to get.  

What a bullshit. Novices are asking ppl who own lasers (or other stuff) couse they want to compare their opinions and then choose "probably" best one. Im am an example. If i didnt ask some ppl for their advice i had a chance of being an owner of EBAYser. But Ive checked some forums, asked ppl for advice and now i know the Evo or X-series, Viper are better than EBAYSER 5mw... LOL :eek:

I'm not sure if this is what Kenom meant or not, but I do feel it is a bit dumb for people to ask which laser is better. If someone knows what is important to them, price point, unaided burning in the close field, high visibility, etc and then wants advice between two lasers, that I can understand.

I often see posts though about "which laser is better", and I dislike those questions as there is rarely a definite answer, and I know I only frustrate people by telling them that. ("You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth"  ;))

T

timelord

You have a lovely way of putting things pseudo so diplomatic :D