Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

X-Ray tube for Trade

Anyone interested in a X-Ray Tube to trade for something Laser related or otherwise? this is the Tube only no power supply or anything. Found it a while ago and never really had the nerve to do anything with it. I was considering powering it up and making a few x-rays using Polaroid instant film which is X-ray sensitive but never got around to it, and don't have a lead apron :)

Attachments

• IMG_5117_001.jpg
    IMG_5117_001.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 74

C

carulli

If it had a power supply id buy it (lotsa volts) but looks like the copper face is in good condition.

I know nothing about x-ray tubes but the copper is in good condition and there is continuity where the filament is and very slight discoloration on the glass as seen in the picture. I'm not really interested in selling it was just looking for a trade for something.
And every one has a 60,000 volt xformer in the garage somewhere ;D

V

V1.15

:eek: wow.Yea, I think I'd be in the same place you are with it... "not enough nerve to do anything with it." Xrays scare the pee outta me. Hell, any ionizing radiation does! It's scary crap man... you can't see it, you can't smell it... you can't taste it (if you can... nevermind, it's too late.).. in most cases you can hardly feel it... and it is ripping the living &%$# out of every bit of your DNA it passes through...

Yea. I'm not a fan of radiation too far out of the visible spectrum :cool:

Now... ELF... ELF is neat ;)